Complaint Review: dollar general

• Updated: Mon, May 06, 2013

• Reported By: ms, R — marble hill Georgia
dollar general
Hickory Flat Hwy, Canton, Georgia USA

dollar general gettig fired for getting hurt at work Canton Georgia

Bot my son and I wre employees of dollar general in georgia. My son got hurt while working at the store on Hickory Flat Hw, Canton, GA.  He was helping to complete a remodel in that store. He was instructed to help move the shelving units while fully loaded.  The shelving unit started to buckle because it was too heavy and it pushed back against him.  This caused him to injure his back and fall to the ground.  This incident was on video.  The key holder of that shift called the nurse line as required by company policy.  She as told to give my son an ice pack and a bottle of tylenol and send him home. The next day he was still hurting so much, he went to the ER.  The employer, Dollar General, through the store manager, got upset and told him he did not have permssion to go to the ER. When my son notified me, the first thing I told him wa to immedately get a lawyer because there was going to be problems. The Risk Managment, Becky Jocelyn, has been repeatedly unavailable and uncooperative for him getting access to medical care and physical therapy.

Ther were over 20 phone calls made by my son's lawyers office trying to get the Risk Management person on the phone in a 3 day period.  ThRegional Mager, Dan Reid, was finally called when I gave my son his cell phone number.

My son has obtained a lawyer due to the repeated game playing by dollar general when it has come to getting medical appointments authorized and physical therapy. His store manager did not like the fact that he was given light duty restrctions and began cutting down his hours for work till he was no longer on the schedule.  This act caused him to have to move back home cause he had no way to pay his bills. To date, he has not received any workers comp payments frm dollar general even though the injury occured in mid-February.

The court date was set for next month but dollar general has obtained a continuance.  Meanwhile, I was fired for teling my son to get a lawyer, but another reason was given for me getting fired. I was an assistant store manager at the time i was fired.  I had been given permission by the store manager to let my husband help in the store, but when the distrit manager came, he would not say that he had given permission. Dollar General then filed with the Labor Department tht my husband was an employee of dollar general and that they had paid  wages.  This is a HUGE LIE, they never paid him any money at all and for them to file with the Labor Department isbc fraud.  My husband received a form from the Labor Department asking if he workd for dollar general, so naturally he sent it back stating that he never worked for dollar general.

This comany uses every trick in the book to keep from ping Unemployment Benefits or Worker's Comp.  They do have a rule book, but in most cases, you are not given one.  In  cases, the store managers violate the company rules themselves and nothing is said by the company. The rules you don't even know about are used against you when you get written up or fired.company brag

This company brags about how they never pay unemploymentbenefits or worker's comp.  Those statements have been made by the store managers in Canton and Dawsonville stores. This company preys upon the people who are most desperately in need of a job and they take advantage of this fact. This is the most anit-employee and anti-American company I have ever worked for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2013 07:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dollar-general/Canton-Georgia/dollar-general-gettig-fired-for-getting-hurt-at-work-Canton-Georgia-1048704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dollar general