Complaint Review: Dollar Rent a Car

• Updated: Wed, February 16, 2011

• Reported By: Danny E — Arlington United States of America
Dollar Rent a Car
Internet, Florida United States of America

Dollar Rent a Car DTG Operations Charged for a car upgrade that I did not authorize Internet, Florida

On February 8, 2011 I rented a car from Dollar Car Rental in Tampa Florida.  I had made a reservation on Expedia.com.

When I arrived, they said that they did not have a car of the type I requested (standard), and offered me a jeep.  I did not want a jeep.  So they offered me a full size car.  They never mentioned anything about an upgrade or paying  more money.

When I returned the car, they charged me almost $10 per day more for an upgrade.  They also tried very hard to get me to purchase insurance at $26 per day, even though I kept telling the guy I already had coverage.

I complained to the company, but they claim I agreed to pay for the upgrade.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/16/2011 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dollar-Rent-a-Car/Internet-Florida-/Dollar-Rent-a-Car-DTG-Operations-Charged-for-a-car-upgrade-that-I-did-not-authorize-Intern-696160. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dollar Rent a Car