Complaint Review: Don's Muffler Shop

• Submitted: Thu, July 11, 2002
  • Updated: Wed, April 22, 2009

• Reported By:Kissimmee FL
Don's Muffler Shop
508 East Vine Street Kissimmee, Florida U.S.A.

Don's Muffler Shop "Fix my brakes Don't screw my tires by overinflating them and offering to sell me new ones" Kissimmee Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: response to ripoff at dons muffler shop

*Consumer Comment: Sorry, what is the ripoff?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: response to fix my brakes dated 2002

The brake lines on my car are old, so I take them to get replaced. Once I get there I asked for oil change in addition to the brake line job. The only reason I went to this shop of horrors is because aI did not want to hurt anybody on the road.

2 Front Brake Hoses $72.86 ?!
1 Brake Fluid 5.00 ?
Labor 84.20 ?!
Oil Change 20.00 ?
Labor (again?) 4.95?

Well after I had no choice but to get ripped off, the nice man offers me some "good" tires brand "X" and tells me that I should watch out for that bubble on my tire?!!!. I just left the place before I hurt someone. As I drove home I notice a gigantic 2' screw rolling on the hood of the car telling me, "look where they forgot me". I just drove home and tried to forget about it.

This morning i go to work and guess what? I got a flat. No! is not the one with the bubble! is another one. Is it just me or am I being ripped off and made fun of?

Mario
Kissimmee, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/11/2002 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dons-Muffler-Shop/Kissimmee-Florida-34744/Dons-Muffler-Shop-Fix-my-brakes-Dont-screw-my-tires-by-overinflating-them-and-offering-24410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Don's Muffler Shop

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

response to ripoff at dons muffler shop

AUTHOR: Dons Muffler Shop Inc. - (U.S.A.)

i am appalled that years after this happened this could still be on the net. in the first place no one got ripped off... this guy did not want to hear anything about his car being dangerous, the car was from up north and the brake lines and many other things were rusted off the car. we tried to make the car safe on the road. ...we did a show and tell for the customer to explain what his vehicle needed but he did not want to spend any money at all... we did not rip off anyone ....

Sorry, what is the ripoff?

AUTHOR: Nikki - (U.S.A.)

You paid $162.06 for new brake lines and $24.95 for an oil change. They then tried to sell you new tires because of a bubble on one of your tires (that you apparently see too), but you didn't bite. What exactly is your beef?

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

response to fix my brakes dated 2002

AUTHOR: Dons Muffler Shop Inc. - (U.S.A.)

I remember this person, his brake hoses were leaking brake fluid, we replaced the front brake hoses with quality parts. we have a 12 month or 12,000 mile warrenty for all of our repairs. we have been doing business in Kissimmee for over 25 years, and we are the only AAA approved auto repair in osceola county. We treat people with respect and try to explain the repairs to each person so they understand what they are buying. I wish this customer had called me or come by to see me before he tried to ruin my reputation. any questions or comments call me personally
407-847-3427 don collins owner