Complaint Review: Dorian B LaSaine & Associates

• Updated: Sun, October 13, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped-off-in-Illinois — Peoria Illinois
Dorian B LaSaine & Associates
456 Fulton St Suite 210 Peoria, Illinois USA

Dorian B LaSaine & Associates and T-H Professional & Medical Collections LTD Deceptive, Unjust, Perjury, Lying Peoria Illinois

I was off work on disability and I had a back operation. The bills piled up and I've been struggling to pay them.

I recieved a notice from this attorney concerning 5 of the bills totalling $756.48. I am not a deadbeat who never pays their bills. I try as hard as I can to meet my obligations with what I make. We do not receive nor ask for any type of public aid/assistance.

I didnt have all of the money but I managed to borrow enough from a relative to pay 3 of the bills in full and paid 1/2 of the remaining 2 accounts. The payments totalled $378.18 which should leave me oweing $378.30.

Rather than acknowledge the payments and the fact that 3 of the accounts were settled IN FULL, (I have the cancelled checks) this attorney (Dorian B LaSaine) went ahead and filed court papers against me for the full amount. No only that but they want to pile on additional court cost's and fee's making the total $979.48!

I was under the impression that once a creditor accepted payment on a debt, all collection activity must cease. So, I didn't think appearing in court would be necessary.

He went ahead with the judgement anyway and now I've received notice in the mail that they intend to garnish my wages again for the FULL amount rather than deducting what I've already paid.

I live a humble life in a low income neighborhood and support 3 people on what I make (Me, my disabled husband and our son who is in school) and so we basically live check to check.

We dont have fancy clothes nor a fancy, new, shiny car. I drive an old beater we were lucky to get for $400.00 (a 1999 Cavalier) and wear clothes bought on clearance/sale at walmart or bought at thrift shops.

Thus we have no savings or surplus of funds to speak of. I have a small amount in a 401k account but was forced to take out a loan against that to keep the lights on and food on the table during the times of my medical care and I've also had 8 weeks of layoff time this year.

At this point, I dont know what to do or who to turn to for help against this unfair and unjust situation.

I don't understand how this man can do this to an already struggling family all to enrich his own life. I suppose the payment on his Lexus or fancy house is coming due.

Before you respond with idiotic comments like "pay your bills", I DO pay my bills to the best of my ability with what I have. Unfortunately, circumstances like needing Shelter, FOOD and things like WATER are the 1st priority and anything left after those go to old bills. So, I DO pay whatever I can towards them. I'm NOT trying to "get out" of paying anything. But, I also dont want to be forced to pay DOUBLE/TWICE for the same bill either! Again, we receive no food stamps or public aid nor do we wish to ask for any.

In addition, hiring a laywer to help is financially impossible for me at this time. If I could do that, I would have just paid the darn bills in full. So please dont respond with that either. It seems like they specifically target low-income people beacuse they know it will be impossible to afford a laywer to represent us.

I am submitting this report only as a public service so that everyone can see the morals and ethics of this person who seems hell-bent on taking advantage of the system to RIP-OFF struggling people. I do not know if this has happened to anyone else who may have been victimized by this person in this manner. Hopefully not.

This situation may be something people may want to consider before hiring this person for services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/13/2013 02:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dorian-B-LaSaine-Associates/Peoria-Illinois-61602/Dorian-B-LaSaine-Associates-and-T-H-Professional-Medical-Collections-LTD-Deceptive-U-1091674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dorian B LaSaine & Associates