Complaint Review: dormbooks

• Submitted: Thu, September 09, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: sbarber — Varysburg New York USA
dormbooks

dormbooks dormbooks.com Never received book, Does not respond to emails, Web site contact does not respond. Internet

*Consumer Comment: Company is a scam

*Consumer Comment: Angry customer

*UPDATE Employee: 150% refund offer

My first order with this company on August 21, 2010; today as of September 9, 2010, I have not received the book.  They did not respond to my emails to sam@dormbooks.com.  I went to their website and tried to use the contact button to send them a message.  The webpage for contacting them never seemed to send the message; it seemed rather hokey.  I received acknowledgment from Paypal that they paid Dormbooks from my account.  I did find a phone number on the Paypal receipt for Dormbooks which I called, and spoke with a gentleman who was apologetic.  He looked up tracking information which I did not have, and said it was sent USPS media mail and he did not have another copy of the book I wanted, but would refund to my Paypal account.

My recommendation would be to buy with caution.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/09/2010 09:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dormbooks/internet/dormbooks-dormbookscom-Never-received-book-Does-not-respond-to-emails-Web-site-contact-639041. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dormbooks

Company is a scam

AUTHOR: Stacey - (United States of America)

Well guess who DID NOT come through Dormbooks. Well no surprise there. But luckily Barnes and Nobel is refunding the money. They should be ashamed of themselves. This company is nothing but a big SCAM. Hopefully they go out of business soon.

Angry customer

AUTHOR: Stacey - (United States of America)

My daughter has recently ordered her calculus book from dorm books on 1/23/13 paid for extra shipping to get it sooner should of received it 1/28/2013 and its now 2/7/13 10 days later and still NO book. I spoke with Barnes and noble, the post office, and a Carl at dorm books. Carl stated it was sent but the post office in south bend IN stated they get calls everyday regarding this place and I was told they don't have the package. But Carl said they would ship another one out today and expedite the shipping and she should get it in 2/3 days. If not I will be following up with the better business bureau as well as the states attorney general. And Barnes and noble said they will refund the full amount plus shipping if not I will contact the bank and item never received and let let handle it. Hopefully Carl follows through..

150% refund offer

AUTHOR: dormbooks - (United States of America)

We are very sorry for the issue this customer experienced regarding his order. We did try to make amends immediately upon being notified by phone, but customer decided to reject our offer of a full refund + 50% gift certificate to Amazon.com and instead file a report.

We received an email on September 5th which was not answered immediately (this was our mistake). We then received an email on September 8th and a phone call from the buyer. The book that was ordered had been lost in the mail and we immediately issued a full refund and offered the customer a gift certificate to our store or to Amazon.com for an additional 50% of the value of his order. Customer rejected our offer and filed report instead.

We are not perfect and we will make mistakes. We did our best to satisfy this customer after being notified on the problem, but customer decided to vent online instead of work with us towards a amicable solution (our refund offer was 150% of the order value).

Please be sure to contact us first as we will do everything in our power to keep each and every customer happy and satisfied.