Complaint Review: Double L Trucking

• Reported By: Sucker — Somewhere Kentucky United States of America
Double L Trucking
85 Flody Switch Estus Burg. Rd. Eubank, Kentucky United States of America

Double L Trucking Hard Work No Pay Eubank, Kentucky

Having known the owner of Double L Trucking for a number of years and believing him to be an honest man, and having been aware of a previously filed RipOff Report, I went to work for him anyway. I had trouble keeping fuel in the truck and actually spent $50.00 for fuel for which I do not and did not expect to be reimbursed for since I got it from unknown individuals that were kind enough to go get it for me when the truck was running out or had ran out. This is the only place I have ever worked in more than twenty years trucking where I had a problem keeping fuel in the truck.

The first week I worked went fairly well. The second week was a disaster. Loading in Hammond, IN, going to Friendsville, TN, I arrived in Friendsville (Maryville) early Monday morning and unloaded. Then after a few hours delay, I was sent to Calhoun, GA, for a load which I got loaded around 3:00 p.m. He expected me to be in Morgantown, W. VA, early the following day. C. H. Robertson from whom he brokered the load expected me to be in Morgantown around 3:00 at about the time I arrived. From there, he expected me to be in Alliance, OH, before midnight and load a load and be in Somerset, KY, early Wednesday morning.

I arrived in Somerset at around 6:30 p.m. and got unloaded at around 10:30 p.m. Between early Monday morning and Wednesday evening when I got unloaded in Somerset, I have been up and dealing with running out of fuel and dragging 44,000 lbs. high profile load up the PA Pike, and routed via a lot of small towns and rural roads, 60 hours with one hour's sleep.

When I got to Somerset, I came home and didn't try to work Thursday. Friday I went to the office expecting a paycheck for my first week. He told me that the checks wouldn't be ready until around 5:00 p.m. but he would call me "after awhile." No phone call came and I don't when to expect to be paid--if ever. For the two weeks, I owed approximately $1,155.00.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/29/2011 04:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Double-L-Trucking/Eubank-Kentucky-42567/Double-L-Trucking-Hard-Work-No-Pay-Eubank-Kentucky-758345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Double L Trucking