Complaint Review: Double S Companies - J. I. Schwartz Builders

• Submitted: Tue, October 09, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, December 31, 2012

• Reported By:Smyrna Delaware
Double S Companies - J. I. Schwartz Builders
1919 Red Lion Road Bear, Delaware U.S.A.

Double S Companies - J. I. Schwartz Builders The WORST Home Builder around never, ever, ever, buy a home from this company Bear Delaware

*Consumer Comment: Very Pleased with this Builder

Me and my husband bought our first home from Double S aka JI Schwartz in 2006, when we came from settlement we had doors to our cabinets sitting on the counters and open spaces on our counters. Which when we went through our walk through they promised us that those things would be taken care when settlement was completed. Our yard was full of straw and seed, which never grew grass. We had 3 didn't landscapers come out and they informed us that the yard was in bad condition and that we had big blocks of cement and siding in our front yard. Myself and my husband went in the yard to clean the gravel up only to find all that cement that was so big that it couldn't even be dug out. I had a county official come out and he informed that Double S did not do there job and that the yard needed to be re-graded, soil and seed was both needed.

After contacting Double S several times they fell to respond. Then they sent there maintenance man here with a check for $250.00 which isn't even a 4th of what it will take to get the yard in shape. Two weeks after moving in it rained and the draining system was applied wrong on our home so the next day all that dirty water leaked onto the front of our home and left a stain and we have been here 1yr and 6mths, and they have yet to get that stain of our home. The front of our home is light tan stucco so the stain stands out.

This company is thieves, they are money hungry and don't care about there customer needs they just want your money. Don't ever buy a home from Double S aka JI Schwartz. Everyone who bought a home from Double S in this community they bought before the community existed. Ever since the community have existed he has not sold a home. Be ware of this builder, they are a rip off and they have really really poor work. Don't shatter your dreams of home ownership, like we did. This is our first home and we are very disappointed. This has become a nightmare. Watch for this money hungry builder.

Angry homeowner
Smyrna, Delaware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/09/2007 07:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Double-S-Companies-J-I-Schwartz-Builders/Bear-Delaware-19701/Double-S-Companies-J-I-Schwartz-Builders-The-WORST-Home-Builder-around-never-ever-ev-277887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Double S Companies - J. I. Schwartz Builders

Very Pleased with this Builder

AUTHOR: mrswallace - (United States of America)

We bought our home in September 2009 and are very pleased with this builder. When we came for our final walk-through on the day of settlement the house was in immaculate, move-in condition. We were beyond excited to get settled in. We looked at homes from practically every builder in New Castle and Kent County over the period of a few years and have multiple reasons for buying from this builder, including the quality of the structure of these homes.

Many of the other homes didn't have the structural quality that these have and many other builders also charge a ton of money for many of the features that come standard in these houses, including a side 3-car garage in our model which is their largest (the Century- 4200 sq ft). Of course they're not perfect, but what builder is? They could have a better landscaping package, but other than that, for the square footage, you won't get these prices anywhere else.

Southern View is a close-knit community with good neighbors who all take excellent care of their homes. Many of them are successful business owners and successful professionals. I feel honored to live in a prominent community where there are other hardworking people who worked hard to own homes as beautiful as these.

Every issue we've had with our home has been addressed by the builder, and they are starting to pick back up on building more homes here. There will be a total of around 100 homes in this development, and there are currently slightly over 50. Nearly 10 have been built and sold since we've been here, but now that the housing market is picking up, more new construction has started.

This will be a beautiful community when it's completely finished.

Prior to buying here, I heard about the problems people had when J I Schwartz was known as Double S builders, but it didn't stop me from buying and I'm glad I did.