Complaint Review: Doubletree by Hilton, Downtown Atlanta

• Updated: Sun, September 08, 2013

• Reported By: Samantha — Phoenix Arizona
Doubletree by Hilton, Downtown Atlanta
160 Spring St NW Atlanta, Georgia USA

Doubletree by Hilton, Downtown Atlanta Doubletree, DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta Downtown, Price Gouging, Deplorable Business Ethic, Victimization of Consumer Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: All seems to have been resolved. Hopefully.

On September 2, 2013, I used the web page of this hotel to make a reservation for next year, for the DragonCon science fiction Convention, an event that takes place yearly, over Labor Day weekend.  This reservation was made in good faith and was not made with any intention toward ripping off the hotel. Too bad it wasn't mutual.

Days later, I got a form letter from a 'Melissa Harris', who is a 'Revenue Manager', stating that my reservation was going to be cancelled.  She spewed out some fine-print rubbish that is not in an area immediately viewable when one makes a reservation.  The gist of it is 'We can cancel your reservation at any time and for any reason that benefits us'.

I know for a fact that the reason my reservation was canceled was that this hotel wants to reserve those rooms at a rate more than twice what I was quoted when I made my initial reservation.  Furthermore, I was not even given a chance to pay their price-gougingly high rate; she just nuked my reservation with the awareness of how difficult it is to even get a room for this event.  I am furious.

For any DragonCon attendees reading this Report, my advice is to bypass Doubletree.  If they are going to price-gouge and victimize us this way, we need to vote with out feet and wallets and look elsewhere for an overflow hotel.

And Melissa, if you are reading these words.. I am not done yet.  I am not done with you, or with your boss, Mark Gallagher.  I am going to make sure As many people as possible know how unfair your policies are, and how you vctimize your customers.  And what's worse... I am not the only one who you've put on this mission.  We're science fiction fans.  And we tend to cause things to go viral.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2013 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doubletree-by-Hilton-Downtown-Atlanta/Atlanta-Georgia-30303/Doubletree-by-Hilton-Downtown-Atlanta-Doubletree-DoubleTree-by-Hilton-Atlanta-Downtown-1082703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doubletree by Hilton, Downtown Atlanta

All seems to have been resolved. Hopefully.

AUTHOR: SteelHyaena - ()

Although I do not entirely trust any large corporation... although I am waiting for a potential other shoe to fall... it seems as though an equitable solution was met that is acceptable to myself as well as Doubletree. I am going to states that those that made this right with me seem quite sincere in that they feel bad that things got as acrimonious as they did and that the entire incident happened at all. The apologies rendered were sincere.

Still taking the 'wait and see' approach, to an extent. But I certainly feel better about it than I did when I intitally made this report. Doubletree... you did good and thank you.  See you in September.