Complaint Review: Doug bailey

• Reported By: Anonymous — Tampa Florida
Doug bailey
1991 Longwood Lake Mary Rd Orlando, Florida USA

Doug bailey More of a Salesman and Less of an Agent Orlando Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hopefully A Helpful Explanation...

I was excited that Doug Bailey wanted to met me and even agreed with him that i could use more training.

who couldnt?  be careful you dont get pressured into spreading lots of $$$ on his school because you think he will try and get you jobs.  If he sayTherese is an audition make sure it's for real and not a carrot he's hanging over your head.

In my case he made lots $ off me and its supposed to be the other way a round.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2013 09:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Doug-bailey/Orlando-Florida-32750/Doug-bailey-More-of-a-Salesman-and-Less-of-an-Agent-Orlando-Florida-1077614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Doug bailey

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hopefully A Helpful Explanation...

AUTHOR: Doug Bailey - ()

I would like to offer an apology. I always strive to please the people I am working with, however, sometimes I can't. But, I am always intrigued by people that post anonymously because I have no way of addressing a comment if I don't know the situation or person. Having said all of that, thank you for comments.  As far as writing to note that I sell classes more than I have booked talent for work, I’d like to respond with the following.

If one comes into my office with great materials, experience and training, I am usually the happiest man in the world, because the talent has adequately prepared to launch an entertainment career. This simply means I can literally input the talent's data into our system and start submitting the individual for work.

If however, you are one of the many that come into my office with snapshots, no acting or industry skills and no resume, then I will tell you the same thing that I share with everyone else. If you want to be submitted for work you need to train, shoot pictures and build a resume. I represent talent to major companies and brands... and those companies inturn are expecting prepared individuals.

Part of the role of a good agent is to idenitify resources for those who may need some assistance in reaching their goals in this business.  Consequently, I do have 5 or 6 training schools that I recommend, including one of our sister companies - along with 5 or 6 photographers.

What is important to understand for people reading this post is that we offer non-exclusive contracts to people I represent. This means that individuals are free to seek out representation from multiple sources. We truly do try to be honest and helpful with everyone I work with. I try to grow from mistakes and learn from them. I am sorry that you had a negative experience and if I had a way of identifying you, I would be happy to try and rectify the situation.