Complaint Review: download-genius.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 05, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, February 05, 2014

• Reported By: Amateur — Iuka Mississippi
1464 S. Sangre Road Stillwater, Oklahoma USA

download-genius.com Scott DayJeff Peck Bait-And-Switch Ripoff Stillwater Oklahoma

I attempted to purchase an ebook which this site, download-genius.com advertised. I was then directed to this page to select the server site where I would download the ebook - http://www.download-genius.com/en/download-z78801979.html. When I click that link I am then directed to a page where, supposedly I can get the ebook.

However, when clicking the link above, I am directed (unknown to me) to another site entirely - http://www.superior-download.com/signup.html?from=17&aff.id=0&aff.subid=0 . This site takes my info where I can purchase a trial membership for $3, which I do.

But, the login information provided at Superior-Download.com does not work on the site Download-Genius.com,. where I had thought I was purchasing the membership. I could not complete the download I wanted to purchase. The login information provided by Superior-Download.com does not work to login and download from Download-Genius.com, the original site where I clicked the link to complete my purchase.  The ebook is not available on Superior-Download.com.

Additionally, I informed Superior-Download.com to Cancel my Membership, as I did not want to proceed with the full membership. But, they charged my card $40.25 anyway. I received an email from the site Superior-Download.com acknowledging my cancellation, and stating they would not charge me again, but no indication they intended to refund the money they had already taken.  Even though I had Cancelled My Membership within the time frame allowed.

This is a "bait-and-switch" scam where unsuspecting buyers are being ripped off for a whole lot of money, added together. This should be stopped, and the perpetrators made to give refunds to those they have swindled.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/05/2014 07:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/download-geniuscom/Stillwater-Oklahoma-74015/download-geniuscom-Scott-DayJeff-Peck-Bait-And-Switch-Ripoff-Stillwater-Oklahoma-1121038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on download-genius.com