Complaint Review: Dr. Bass Oral Surgery

• Reported By: DrBassNO — Alabama
Dr. Bass Oral Surgery
6940 Parkwood Drive, Suite 300 Frisco, Texas USA

Dr. Bass Oral Surgery Bass Associates Billing Scam Frisco Texas

The Dr.'s office failed to file the insurance portion of the claim in a timely manner. A mistake they admitted.

Around 2010 I had a procedure performed by Dr. Bass that cost around $8,000 in round numbers. I paid my portion right up front in full - $6,600 There was a remaining $1,114 to be covered by my insurance. Dr. Bass check the insurance and recieved assurance of payment for the $1,114. The procedure took more than 7 months to complete - so they had plenty of time to make sure of things were proper. They even sent me a final statement marked "PAID IN FULL".

About a year after the completion of the procedure, I received a bill from Dr. Bass' office for the $1,114 with a written note stating on it that they had failed to make the insurance filing at the proper time but were now in the process of attempting to collect those funds now. The not went on to assure me that no action was due on my part. Over the next year I received about 10 of these letters from Dr. Bass. I then started getting calls from a collection agency making threats of non-payment. They escalated very quickly in tone. When I asked Dr. Bass' office about them they said it was a mistake and the calls would stop.

I remind them that I had paid my obligation and they were the ones that made the mistake - they agreed. When the creditor calls continued I called the office and stated that they needed to stop ASAP. It was then that Dr. Bass' office asked if I would call the insurance, Met, and tell them to pay the claim and provide some additional information. When I called Met Life, they told me that Dr. Bass had made a mistake not filing in a timely manner which had resulted in them filing outside the window.That it was his offices' fault and I shouldn't concern myself with Dr. Bass' administrative mistake.

Again, I had paid my agreed upon portion 100% up front. The calls and letters continued until Dr. Bass turned it over to yet another collection agency. Dr. Bass' office said that I was liable because I wouldn't spend the time they deemed necessary to gel them in researching where and when the original procedure, a root canal, had been performed, so that the claim would be valid. Turns out Dr. Bass lied to Met telling them that the delay was actually due to my not being willing to provide needed information and that it was not their administrative miscue. Keep in mind that the first letter I received from Dr. Bass about this whole thing was more than a year after the procedure and that letter was the first of many that had a hand written note on it stating I didn't need to do anything.

What Dr. Bass is doing is fraud. They are telling the insurance company that they need reimbursement because it wasn't that they filed late, but rather because they didn't have all the information they needed. Keep in mind that almost every bill Dr. Bass send to me regarding this either said "paid in full on your portion" and " don't worry - we made a mistake". Now they are going to game the system and need to show that I must have somehow withheld information that allowed them to file. Again - fraud. I have made more than 25 phone calls concerning this trying to help them resolve the issue. I have answered more than 60 calls from creditors and have had to pay for call blocking just to stop the calls.

Dr. Bass is working the system because he can bully insurance companies into paying when they make mistakes. When that doesn't work the office manager doesn't want to risk losing her job so she goes full court threat. I have paid 100% of my portion and didn't sign on as an administrative assistant to the office. They need to work it out with Met - not me. They also need to stop the lies and admit they failed to file. Take what comes with that.....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Bass-Oral-Surgery/Frisco-Texas-75034/Dr-Bass-Oral-Surgery-Bass-Associates-Billing-Scam-Frisco-Texas-1117139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Bass Oral Surgery