Complaint Review: DR. Bruce Harshman (Sherman Oaks, Ca.)

• Submitted: Wed, April 16, 2014
  • Updated: Wed, April 16, 2014

• Reported By: socalsun — ontario California
DR. Bruce Harshman (Sherman Oaks, Ca.)
5430 Van Nuys Blvd. Sherman Oaks, California USA

DR. Bruce Harshman (Sherman Oaks, Ca.) Extremely Unethical Sherman Oaks California

*Consumer Comment: Dr Bruce Harshman is a professional

I can not believe how awful and unethical this Dr. is. Hired to him to do a 733 evalutaion and testify on my behalf in order for me to keep full custody of my son. Not only did he not have the report done in time but he failed to mention that he has multiple law suits against him for moral conduct and several complaints against his license. Come to find out he also has a restraining order against him with his ex-wife and recently has been removed form the court approved list as an expert in child custody matters. I couldnt even have him testify because his credibility was shot. Unfortunately I have lost custody of my son due to not having an expert  and of course I find all of this out the day before my court hearing. If you care about your children do not have this guy do anything in any capacity for any matter. I promise you will regret it and pay dearly.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/16/2014 01:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DR-Bruce-Harshman-Sherman-Oaks-Ca/Sherman-Oaks-California-90803/DR-Bruce-Harshman-Sherman-Oaks-Ca-Extremely-Unethical-Sherman-Oaks-California-1139384. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DR. Bruce Harshman (Sherman Oaks, Ca.)

Dr Bruce Harshman is a professional

AUTHOR: Valley Mom - ()

Dr. Bruce Harshman is a complete professional.  I personally went through a custody case in which my children saw numerous social workers, 4 different psychologists and had 3 custody evaluations completed, 2 of them by Dr. Harshman. 6 years passed and the only reason my children came through it all emotionally and mentally ok, was because of the care Dr. Harshman took with them and our case.

I found that Dr. Harshman was very ethical and treated both me and my ex exactly the same.  His main concern was what was in the best interest of our children, not the parents, which is how it should be.

There have been comments made as to the validity of Dr. Harshman's ability to testify in court and complaints which have been filed against him.  I can personally attest to the fact that the complaints made against him all came from one crazy, psychopath attorney and her inner circle.  I can comment on the complaints because my case has been stated in them.  Not one of the complaints was sustained and Dr. Harshman's license has never been in jeopardy.  In fact, he testified in my case and many others I am aware of and not once was his testimony questioned or his credibility.

How dare someone try to tarnish Dr. Harshman's reputation by bringing up a divorce that he went through.  Anyone who has been through a divorce knows how nasty they get and that many things are said and done in order to either make the other side happy or just to make the divorce stop and go away.  What a coward to research someone's personal past and bring it up.  That was obviously the work of the crazy unethical attorney involved in the case.  If Dr. Harshman's past was an issue, you should not have hired him and you could have easily mentioned it in court long prior to your case being finished and changed things up.

One must acknowledge that when you are at the point of needing to see a high profile evaluator such as Dr. Harshman, not everyone will be happy with the results.  As with any evaluation or case, one party is never as happy.  Just because one party is not happy, does not mean it is the evaluator's fault.  Everyone needs someone to blame, so blaming the Dr's is much easier than accepting any responsibility.

My experience was that Dr. Harshman gave everyone a chance to fix their issues so that they could parent better.  In fact, I was surprised in my first evaluation how much care Dr. Harshman put into a parenting plan that he thought might better my ex's relationship with our kids.  My ex refused to try any plans or to follow the Judges order which ultimately lead to another eval and then the removal of his rights.  But that was his doing.

Many times I have thought about going after the crazy Attorney who keeps harassing me, other parents, and Dr. Harshman, but I realized that the state bar will not do enough to punish her for all the emotional and physical stress she has caused us all by her unfounded complaints.

I can say with confidence that intrusting your children to Dr. Harshman will be the best thing that you can do for your children.  His many years of positively treating high profile custody cases and families speaks for itself.  Do not let one Attorney and her inner circle cloud your Judgement.