ED Magedson – Founder
Dr. Deborah McFarland, Dr. Keith Ungar, Andrew Schon, Functional Endocrinology of Ohio6200 Rockside Woods Blvd., Suite 100 Independence, Ohio USA
Functional Endocrinology of Ohio, Dr. Deborah McFarland, Dr. Keith Ungar, Andrew Schon Zero Positive Results With FEO Health Program Independence and Akron Ohio
I saw a several minute infomercial on TV with Dr. Keith Unger claiming: many people can regrow hair, and their hair can return to its natural color, and their program can significantly improve the client's diabetes. Interested from the TV infomercial I went to see Dr. Keith Unger give a one-hour presentation on the thyroid. He claimed his system takes into consideration 10 different steps while conventional doctors only focus on three steps to improve thyroid function. Dr. Keith Unger is the president of FEO.
My goals were to increase energy, reduce my waistline, and reduce my weight through the Functional Endocrinology of Ohio (FEO) health program – zero of the goals I had were attained through FEO's program.
1. Andrew Schon at FEO signed me up for the $5100 health program with Dr. Deborah McFarland as my doctor.
2. Energy levels stayed consistent throughout the program. Cleansing, change in diet and supplementation did NOT improve my energy level.
3. Supplements were very expensive and were not covered by insurance. I saw zero results from taking the supplements – which was an out-of-pocket expense. My program allowed $1500 for supplements as part of the $5100 cost.
4. Total cost of blood tests $780. Results from blood tests were near normal and nothing special was determined from the tests.
5. My insurance company told me Dr. Deborah had an in-network contract for $57 per visit at the 2800 S. Arlington Rd., Akron location. My insurance company says the FEO 6200 Rockside Woods Blvd., Suite 100 Independence, OH location is out-of-network at $283 per visit. Note the huge five-times cost difference! There was a failure to disclose this major difference in costs upfront by FEO and Dr. Deborah McFarland. Since I didn't check with my insurance company about this until afterwards, I lost over $2500 – i.e. if I had known about my options upfront and gone to Dr. Deborah at 2800 S. Arlington Rd. for $57 per visit I would have saved $2500 for the same health program!
6. Due to the very high price of the program with no results – and a loss of at least $2500 to me by using out-of-network FEO, I wish I had never done the FEO health program!
7. TO ALL NEW POSSIBLE CLIENTS:
Ask what tests are likely to be required – including medical code and cost for each test – in writing.
Make sure you know upfront before signing any contract if you'll be charged an in-network or out-of-network price at the location you'll receive services and the doctor performing the services (find out from your insurance company before doing anything). Also ask if it's an out-of-network price, can you do it in-network at a different location or with a different doctor. If it is the out-of-network $283/visit – think if it's really worth that kind of money? Your choice.
Realize if you pay $283/visit out-of-network price – that ONLY $57/visit (allowed amount) will be applied toward your deductible – NOT $283/visit!
Also beware of their early termination fee – withdrawing early costs you a lot of extra money!
Make sure if it is not an emergency to start the program after your insurance company year starts – which might be May 1st or some other month than January. This can drastically reduce the deductibles you must payout for the program – making it only one year versus two years worth of deductibles!
I would make sure that FEO submits accurate fully filled out claim forms to your insurance company after every office visit!
8. I had trouble with Andrew Schon submitting blood test claims to my insurance company.
I am writing this to warn all possible clients of the possible financial danger in working with Dr. Deborah McFarland, Dr. Keith Ungar and Andrew Schon. I suggest to any new client to not sign any contract until it's all laid out on paper and then call your insurance company. And get an in-network price before signing any papers, if possible. Make sure you know which doctor will provide services and what their qualifications are.
9. In summary, I believe FEO's Dr. Deborah McFarland, Dr. Keith Ungar, and Andrew Schon are all guilty of:
Dr. Deborah McFarland – Did got zero results desired for my case
Note: Your results can be different from my results
Extremely high $283/visit out-of-network costs
Did not make me aware of financial options upfront (see #5 above)!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/04/2013 05:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Deborah-McFarland-Dr-Keith-Ungar-Andrew-Schon-Functional-Endocrinology-of-Ohio/Independence-Ohio-44131/Functional-Endocrinology-of-Ohio-Dr-Deborah-McFarland-Dr-Keith-Ungar-Andrew-Schon-Ze-1064370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.