Complaint Review: Dr. Donald Kanoff

• Submitted: Sun, June 06, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, February 02, 2006

• Reported By:Rockaway New Jersey
Dr. Donald Kanoff
415 Parsippany Road Parsippany, New Jersey U.S.A.
  • Phone: 973-386-0111
  • Web:
  • Category: Eye Care

Dr. Donald Kanoff ripoff Did Not Provide Glasses Per Prescription Parsippany New Jersey

*Author of original report: Rip Off Update

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Here are the True facts of this story.....

*Consumer Comment: The Same Thing Happened To Me--Re: Dr. Donald Kanoff

I met with Dr. Kanoff in March of 2003 as a new patient. He examined my eyes and informed me that I need new a new eyeglass lense prescription. He examined my current lenses and explained that the new perscription would be a very slight change and therefore I would not notice a change when wearing the new glasses. I agreed to have the glasses made.

I met with the optician in his office and she assisted me with picking a new frame to go with my new lenses which were suppose to be progressive bifocal lenses. I made a payment by check in the amount of $145.00 at the time the lenses were ordered and upon reciept of the new glasses I paid the balance which was an additional $145.00. I began wearing my new glasses immediately. Not noticing any significant change I continued to wear the glasses on a daily basis.

Then, on May 27th I met with a new opthamologist Dr. Trezza who asked to see my glasses after doing a complete examination of my eyes. He took the glasses and upon returning he told me that the glasses did not have a bifocal lense. In fact the lab cut the entire bifocal portion off when sizing the lenses to fit the frame. I called Dr. Kanoff's office on 5/28 and explained the situation. I then had an actual appointment with Dr. Kanoff on 6/1/04 only to find out that he would not have my lenses made over. I had no way of knowing that the lenses were wrong until meeting with the new optometrist.

I would have contacted his office immediatley if there was a problem with the new glasses. Dr. Kanoff said I waited too long and therefore the problem was out of his hands. His optician said she probably didn't check the glasses to make sure they were made to the proper prescription and that because of the amount of time which past, they could not have their lab re-do my lenses.

I am therefore, contacting you to try and this situation resolved. My next step is to file a small claims lawsuit against Dr. Kanoff for not providing the product I thought I was originally purchasing. Please help!

Barbara
Rockaway, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2004 07:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Donald-Kanoff/Parsippany-New-Jersey-07054/Dr-Donald-Kanoff-ripoff-Did-Not-Provide-Glasses-Per-Prescription-Parsippany-New-Jersey-93891. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Donald Kanoff

Rip Off Update

AUTHOR: Barbara - (U.S.A.)

In response to a letter I received today, I retract any negative comments regarding Dr. Donald Kanoff. My original posting should be disregarded.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Here are the True facts of this story.....

AUTHOR: Donald - (U.S.A.)

Dr. Kanoff has been in business for over 30 years. He prides himself in patient satisfaction, he does whatever he needs for his patients. In this situation Barbara was a new patient, she came in on 3/31/03. She had a routine vision exam and was prescribed a Progressive bifocal lens with transition. We fabricated glasses and fit and dispensed them to the patient on 4/15/03.

We did not hear anything back from the patient thereafter until 6/1/04, when she stormed into our office demanding her money back stating her glasses were made incorrectly. We tried our best to satisfy the patient at that time but she was very irrate and made it impossible. If the patient spent more time talking to me, the Doctor, and not writing to a website with false stories, all problems WOULD have been resolved.

The Same Thing Happened To Me--Re: Dr. Donald Kanoff

AUTHOR: Paul - (U.S.A.)

Barbara,

I experienced a similar situation with Dr. Kanoff and I hope you are able to have your situation resolved expeditiously. Like you, I had my eyes examined by Dr. Kanoff because he is a member of my vision plan's network. He provided me with a prescription for both glasses and contact lenses. The lenses (nor the glasses, for that matter) did not represent a new prescrition so my contact lenses were just going to represent the same prescription--the only difference would be a new lense that Dr. Kanoff recommended. After obtaining the new lenses, I didn't wear them immediately because I still had other lenses that I was finishing up. Well, after several months passed and I finally started wearing the new lenses from Dr. Kanoff, I had a problem with them (they were uncomfortable). So, I went back to Dr. Kanoff to advise him of the problem, and to have him replace the lenses. Like you, he told me that I had waited too long and that if he ordered new lenses, that I would have to pay for them. Well, this was unacceptable to me and I told him as much. So, while I got my problem resolved (Dr. Kanoff eventually ordered new lenses at no additional cost to me), I wanted to let you know about my experience.

Good luck.