• Report: #1062089

• Updated: Tue, June 25, 2013

• Reported By: Margie — San Diego California
Dr. Fray Zarafat, DDS
4501 Mission Bay Dr #2E San Diego, California USA

Dr. Fray Zarafat, DDS Dr.Fray tried to charge me for this visit($67)when it was covered by my insurance. San Diego California

*Consumer Comment: I don't see a problem.

Dr. Fray Zerafat tried to charge me for today's cleaning visit($67) and bill my insurance. He said I have to pay every time(even tho my insurance covers 2 visits a yr) because he only makes $3/visit on insurance covered cleanings(not credible).

How unprofessional to discuss his reimbursements with me. He can run his business how he wants, contract with the insurance companies as he wants. I think because I have been seeing him for 1 yr and have good teeth, therefore, don't require expensive dental (cosmetic?)procedures, he has realized that I won't get him his dental office in La Jolla or home in Rancho Santa Fe.

What kind of dentist is that? Go somewhere else-he is not a quality dentist. His staff is wonderful. I feel so sorry for them They were embarassed today when he told me he was dropping me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2013 05:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Fray-Zarafat-DDS/San-Diego-California-92109/Dr-Fray-Zarafat-DDS-DrFray-tried-to-charge-me-for-this-visit67when-it-was-covered-b-1062089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Fray Zarafat, DDS

I don't see a problem.

AUTHOR: Inspector - ()

Did he tell you this before he performed the procedure (cleaning) or after. Either way billing for the balance remainder is common. If the dentist is accepted by your insurance company as a preferred provider then you don't have to pay even if they bill you, if not then you must pay. The responsibility of determining whether the dentist is preferred or not rests on you. This happens more often than you think and is normal procedure. If you didn't agree with the dentist's policy then dropping you is the best for both.