Complaint Review: Dr. Joseph Ainsworth

• Updated: Wed, January 08, 2014

• Reported By: Dallas Native — Dallas Texas
Dr. Joseph Ainsworth
3219 N. MacArthur Blvd., Suite 120 Irving, Texas USA

Dr. Joseph Ainsworth - Joseph Ainsworth Orthodontist I would not recommend orthodontist Dr. Joseph Ainsworth for orthodontic treatment. Irving Texas

Dr. Joseph Ainsworth is really too old to still be practicing in my opinion and I would not recommend Dr. Joseph Ainsworth of Irving, Texas for orthodontic treatment. I went to him for orthodontic treatment years ago and his hands were shaking so badly, his assistant had to take over for him and finish the work. I am amazed to see that he is still in practice. Orthodontist Joseph Ainsworth is probably in his mid 70's back then and his hands shaked so badly due what I assumed was due to his old age that he was not able to change the arch wires on my braces. His assistants had to change the wires as he simply could not hold his hands steady enough to do the job. He then checked the assistants work and that was it. And I was paying all this money for a dental assistant to treat me? How he is able to still practice orthodontics, which requires manual dexterity, is beyond me. I ended up transferring to another orthodontist and sent Mr. Ainsworth a letter asking for a partial refund for the money I had paid him up front for work he had not yet done. Josiph Ainsworth refused to refund these funds and I filed a complaint against him with the Texas State Dental Board. They refused to take any action and the reason was they said it was a business matter, not a matter of him being incompetent, which was another issue. I would advise anyone seeking orthodontic treatment to steer clear of this guy that refuses to retire and choose another orthodontist for your treatment – one that actually does the work you are paying him for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2014 09:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Joseph-Ainsworth/Irving-Texas-75062/Dr-Joseph-Ainsworth-Joseph-Ainsworth-Orthodontist-I-would-not-recommend-orthodontist-D-1114082. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr. Joseph Ainsworth