Complaint Review: dr oz

• Updated: Thu, October 10, 2013

• Reported By: al in phx — phoenix Arizona
dr oz
14245 ARTISIA BLVD,LA MIRADA CA 90638 la mirada, California USA

dr oz I ordered a Dr. Oz endorsed weight loss product. On the web page it was advertised for $99. I decided that it was too expensive and tried to close the website. They then redirected my to thier website with a better offer of only $59.99 with a 100% guarentee. How could you go wrong? Well, I placed my order and I was immediatly changed $99.99. This was not acceptable, so I phoned them immediatly and they said that they could refund my the $40 difference,but I that I could not return the product later for a full refund because only one refund could be used per order. Good enough, I returned the order the day that I recieved it, I was not satisfied. la mirada California

*Author of original report: yes really

*Author of original report: dr oz....

*Consumer Comment: comment

*General Comment: Really?

I ordered some weight loss suppliments from a Dr. Oz sponsored seller. I went to the website and the price on the product(garcinia cambogia) was $99.99. I decided that it was too much and clicked to leave the page. I was then redirected to another page advertising the product for only $59.99. I decided that that was fair enough and ordered the product. Upon checkout , I was billed $99.99 and immediately called to find out the problem. The representative said that they were sorry for the problem and could credit me the difference, but then I could not get a full 100% refund if I was dissatisfied because only one refund per order can be issue. Fair enough, I will return the product for a full refund instead(of course they could not just cancel it). Upon recieving the product, I returned it the next day, fully dissatisfied with their policies. I called  few weeks later after not recieving a refund, and the customer service representative confirmed the return and that now she would submit the refund request. She said that I should recieve an e-mail with-in 48 hrs , and a refund within 7-10 business days. Well guess what, no refund. I called again and got the same song and dance, 7-10 business days. Now it has been 10 weeks since the return and still nothing. SHAME ON YOU DR. OZ.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2013 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dr-oz/la-mirada-California-90638/dr-oz-I-ordered-a-Dr-Oz-endorsed-weight-loss-product-On-the-web-page-it-was-advertised-1091083. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dr oz

yes really

AUTHOR: al in phx - ()

By endorsing this company, Dr Oz is putting his reputation on the line. If he is ok with making money from this company while they rip-off people, than yes he has some responsibility. People need to beware of products that he endorses in the future. Besides if I go to McDonalds, I don't get ripped off.

dr oz....

AUTHOR: al in phx - ()

well actually people need to re read this, the page I ordered from had a video of dr oz endorsing this product. It was the only reason I decided to order the product. The actually address is correct and the tag line is learnauctions101. This is all irrelevant, since my point was them not refunding me my money back even though they got their product back 5 days later, which was over 10 weeks ago. I have called the number 3 different times and get the same run around and still no refund. Dr. oz may have only endorsed this product but he should have done a bit of research about what he was putting his name on instead of just having his hand out for the paycheck. So, as I have previously stated, he is endorsing a company that has ripped me off.

AUTHOR: Jack - ()

Also, the individual you have filed a complaint against, the address you have listed, and the company for the Web site you have supplied do not match up.

The Miracle Garcinia Cambogia site makes no mention of affiliation with or endorsement by Dr. Oz. This company is based in San Diego and the address you have listed in La Mirada is that of the logistics firm - Imagine Fulfillment Services - which handled the packaging and shipment (Dr. Oz doesn't live at IFS in La Mirada).

I think that you may have confused Dr. Oz's favorable review of a plant extract with the endorsement and subsequent distribution of a branded product.

#4 General Comment

Really?

AUTHOR: Jack - ()

Why do you hold Dr. Oz personally responsible for this? He is simply the endorser, not the company at fault; they pay him in order to use his name to sell their product and he is otherwise unaffiliated with the corporate entity.

Sure, he supports their claims that the product is effective - which I'm sure it's not - but he does not have anything to do with the actual transactions or the business side of the arrangement. He's a paid spokesperson and a celebrity doctor, so obviously any weightloss advice he provides should be investigated if he's pitching a specific product. Michael Jordan had a substantial endorsement contract with McDonald's, but I can assure you that, as a professional athelete, Big Macs weren't truly a part of his diet.