belly

• Submitted: Tue, November 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, August 19, 2010

• Reported By:London Other
Dr Ray Woods
35 Stockton Avenue Nationwide U.S.A.

Dr Ray Woods The Woods FUE Rip Off Moorebank Nationwide

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: False and Defaming lies.

I notice there are several complaints on this site about Dr Robert Jones and his FUE hair transplants and I want to say that I experienced exactly the same thing with Dr Ray Woods in Australia.

I got well and truly stung by Woods. I ended up paying a fortune for the biggest rip off surgery known to mankind.

Woods claims that for a large sum of money he will perform 8-10 hours of surgery during which 600 grafts will be transplanted. The surgery is time-consuming and intricate which is why it takes so long to transplant just 600 grafts.

The way it really works is that Woods takes about an hour and a half to punch out 600 grafts, and then spends the rest of the day ignoring you. In between consultations and other things he's doing, he comes back into surgery and casually, or sometimes hurriedly, transplants a few grafts, then he disappear again. This goes on for the rest of the day. Many hours later, after the grafts you have paid a lot of money to have transplanted have been sitting around in a little tray all day, he claims that he's finished, even though there are loads of grafts that haven't yet been transplanted.

Woods had no interest in the surgery he was perfomring on me and had no intention of transplanting the grafts he'd extracted. Transplanting the grafts clearly takes much longer than extracting them and he had no intention of spending his time transplanting them if he could help it. He seemed to relish in the fact that he had me over a barrel and there was nothing I could do about it.

My hopes of being able to restore my hair with him quickly vanished and I realised that the whole purpose of this was not to restore my hair, but to try to get me to pay, and I suspect keep paying, huge sums of money for days of worthless surgery.

On top of this rip-off, of the few grafts that got transplanted, many atrophied and the rest sank into pits in the scalp, some eventually survived to spit out deformed, wiry hair. I also ended up with a moth-eaten area on the right side of my scalp where too many grafts were taken too closely together.

Before the surgery, I used to be able to shave my hair short, now I have to leave it as long as possible to hide the mess as best I can. It's a real embarrassment for me.

I am so glad others are coming forward with their experiences of these rip-off merchants, so the whole world can find out just how awful this surgery is. It is so unbelievable that these surgeons can charge so much for surgery that doesn't work, and have so little regard for what they are doing and for the patient.

It is difficult to do justice here to how much of a rip off this surgery is. You really have to go and have it done to appreciate how bad it is. Having been through it myself I can read the articles on Robert Jones and understand what the patients are talking about. It really is a total rip off.

George
London
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/04/2008 05:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dr-Ray-Woods/nationwide/Dr-Ray-Woods-The-Woods-FUE-Rip-Off-Moorebank-Nationwide-387771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr Ray Woods

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

False and Defaming lies.

AUTHOR: Dr ray woods - (Australia)

From Dr Ray Woods:

This blog contains false, insulting, defaming lies.

I would like to know who this person is.  As far as I am aware they have not revealed themselves to me therefore I cannot defend my reputation.  This is a cowardly way to spread slander and defame my character and damage my business.  If you do not reveal yourself to me by emailing me or calling my clinic to discuss the matter I will have no other alternative but to defend myself by exploring every legal avenue possible to bring you to justice.

For all I know you could be a competitor or a shill working for another clinic.

If you contact me I am sure I will have Video evidence of the procedure that will prove each and every graft was placed by either myself or Dr Campbell.  I will also require photos of you showing the supposed 'pitting'.

1. Every graft was removed under microsurgical control by myself and/or Dr Campbell, and extensively filmed via microscope to prove the viability of the grafts and the negligible transection rate.

2. Every graft was placed by myself and/or Dr Campbell with 23 and 21 guage hypodermic needles, while the patient watched placement on a screen via high power microscope.

3. Every graft was placed with the full interaction, advice and consent of the patient.
4. Each procedure lasts approx 10 to 12 hours and absolute care and attention was given.

We do need to see other prospective patients for consultations during the day.  We only book 1 consultation per day and this is usually done during the lunch break.  It is also necessary to take regular breaks during the day as this procedure is more labor intensive for the doctor than the patient.

The Woods Technique List of Patient's Rights

These are the principals upon which The Woods Technique has been built. It is our profound hope that one day; this document will be the standard by which all doctors in the industry abide.

1. No Strip Excision to be performed or offered by the clinic

2. No assistants. Only a 1 to 1 doctor patient ratio:
The day a patient decides to alter their appearance via hair transplantation is one of the most important days in their life. They deserve the absolute attention of a skilled micro surgeon throughout the entire removal and placement of every follicle.

3. No unfair legal disclaimer:
This allows lawyers to defend the indefensible results of poor surgery.

4. All doctors are to be fully trained, assessed and accredited according to a strict code of conduct, ethics and ability:
All surgery is to be performed according to highly skilled microsurgical standards and discipline.

5. Patient interaction and intra-operative monitoring of follicular placement

6. Largest instrument to be used for follicular placement in normal skin is a 21 gauge hypodermic needle

7. Random intra operative video assessment of follicular removal from the donor site verifying transaction rate directly to the patient if requested

8 Donor Site Conservation and Protection:
Avoidance of follicular damage due to incorrect technique, inexperience and production line mentality

9 No intravenous sedation/analgesia
The patient should be aware, lucid, fully informed and interacting during the procedure. Drugs that significantly affect the patients ability to make decisions and interact must not be used.

10. Do No Harm
None of the above are subject to compromise.

Dr Ray Woods