Complaint Review: Draper Key n Locks

• Updated: Thu, February 20, 2014

• Reported By: Stacey — Draper Utah
Draper Key n Locks
138 East 12300 South #C128 Draper, Utah USA

Draper Key n Locks 24/7 Draper UT Locksmiths gave service at an expensive rate and weren't clear on the type of service we paid for Draper Utah

My step daughter (17) needed a locksmith to come and re-key her car and cut her a new key.  when she called this number she spoke to a lady that spoke english.  My 17 year old was under the impression that her whole car would be re-keyed.  She was in touch with the locksmith who didn't speak english very well and she had a hard time understanding him.  All he did was make her a new key to her car and told her the price would be $170.  she thought that was a good price to get the car re-keyed (new locks) when the locksmith was done, not to mention he wasn't very nice and professional, he charged her a total of $212.

I feel that he took complete advantage of a young girl and charged way too much for his service.  The key worked but it made the alarm go off on the car and me thinking there was no chip in the key..he came back out but was very short and rude about it, he didn't go above and beyond his customer service (as it says on their website) and I feel they over charged my step daughter but he did nothing to fix the situation or even try to make it better.

I wished we would have shopped around or just had a key made from the dealer ship it would  have saved us $100.  This company is unprofessional, rude and very expensive.  I will never call them again and I will make sure everyone I know doesn't call them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/20/2014 09:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Draper-Key-n-Locks/Draper-Utah-84020/Draper-Key-n-Locks-247-Draper-UT-Locksmiths-gave-service-at-an-expensive-rate-and-weren-1125062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Draper Key n Locks