rank

• Submitted: Fri, April 27, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, December 13, 2008

• Reported By:alpha New Jersey
Dr.Blease - Common Sense For Animals
2420 State Route 57 Stewartsville,, New Jersey U.S.A.

Dr.Blease - Common Sense 4Animals- Common Sense For Animals Ripoff killing vet. not a no-kill shelter great volunteers but sick doctor Stewartsville New Jersey

*Consumer Comment: CSA Support!

*UPDATE Employee: Dr. Blease is a dedicated professional.

*UPDATE Employee: ROD, where are you getting all that non-sense?!?!?!?! Those are horrible things to make up!

*Consumer Comment: I bring my Cats there and there is no evidence of Rods statements being true

*Consumer Suggestion: You are wrong

*Consumer Suggestion: You are wrong

*Consumer Comment: What's the deal with Rod?!

*Consumer Comment: Dr. Blease is a Wonderful Veterinarian

The shelter is owned &controlled by the sick doctor,he knows how to talk to people&cares not for animals unless he can make a lot of money off of them.
He has suggested that pitbulls should fight it out in his barn.

He has been a veal farmer&contaminated their feed w/bizarre supplements that made meat smell fouly according to workers at the slaughter house nearby.
He had a shelter originally i a flood zone in Stewartsville,near a small river&when warned to flee due to rising flood waters he did leave&left behind dogs&cats to die when they couldn't escape.

His son has been seen banging cages inthe shelter w/a wooden rod after a "corrective session w/dear da. His son has also been seen kicking his little jack russel terrier behind the barn taking out his frustrations on the miserable little dog.

he has neglected dogs in cages &caused them to be housed in cages too small for them&causing them to be unable to stand&turn around.He has neglected a pony &let it develope infected hoofs due to standing in its own wasteThen it developed sores on its hide from laying down in its own waste,then after the sweet pony could not stand it anymore,Doc had his friend shoot it in the head&cut it up for food.

he has killed dogs ,who were not supposed to be adopted by families w/children,After he forced them to be so adopted,he killed any dogs that had altercations w/kids after being put in a new home w/strange people&the child,who was avictim of child abuse ,jostled the dog while it was eating.

His surgery room was fully open to the cage&shelter area until the state of NJ ordered him to close it off to protect animals undergoing surgery. He has left dogs in their filth due to no one being hired to check on them over night or later in the day on weekends.he has allowed dogs to be tethered in a small room &then left a window open&the white shepard was strangled when it umped out the window.

He never touchs any animal to caress it.he ignores his own animals&only concentrates on bs w/his customers,
Donations windup in his pocket,he carries along a large wad of cash&probably never reports half of his income to the IRS.

The shelter is owned by him,on his property,he charges the shelter for rent,utilities&has left the animals exposed to carbon monoxide poisoning because the water heater&gas heater were in the same rooms as the dogs.

Rod
Alpha, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2007 06:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DrBlease-Common-Sense-For-Animals/Stewartsville-New-Jersey-08886/DrBlease-Common-Sense-4Animals-Common-Sense-For-Animals-Ripoff-killing-vet-not-a-no-k-245927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr.Blease - Common Sense For Animals

CSA Support!

AUTHOR: CSA Lover/Believer - ()

Nothing bad can be said about Dr Robert Blease and his great staff!  I've read the other rebuttals (with which I concur) and will spare the details of my own (VERY) positive experiences there.  Suffice it to say, I think anyone going so far as to file such a nasty complaint about CSA needs their head examined!

Dr. Blease is a dedicated professional.

AUTHOR: John Quinn - (U.S.A.)

Rod is clearly an angry misdirected man with a vendetta against a professional that has dedicated his life and career to improving the welfare of animals.

Dr. Blease founded Common Sense for Animals in 1990 as a vessel to improve the conditions of Animal Welfare by offering animal services and education to his community. In a single calendar year during the 1990's Dr. Blease gave $40,000 of his own assets in order for CSA to survive and serve the community. In this current economy Dr. Blease is again supporting CSA with his own income in order to keep CSA growing. Every penny which CSA raises through fund raising and donation goes directly to animal care and education of animal owners. CSA is a non-profit foundation to which Dr. Blease constantly donates his time, services, veterinary supplies and personal income to.

In a single year CSA adopts out over 1000 animals. CSA currently houses over 200 animals which would otherwise be homeless or dead. CSA provides pet therapy. CSA runs low cost spay and neuter programs. CSA provides trap-neuter-release programs, saving the lives of animals which would otherwise be trapped and terminated.

CSA is a wonderful organization comprised of giving volunteers, dedicated employees and is supported by loving members who first hand see the accomplishments of CSA. At the helm of CSA is Dr. Blease. Working long hours, seven days a week Dr. Blease is the driving force behind something he created and which he remains at the center of every hour of every day.

As a veterinarian Dr. Blease is nothing short of astonishing. Dr. Blease and his staff and volunteers have cared for animals without owners; often performing multiple expensive surgeries to save an animal with no owner and without payment. Dr. Blease's generosity is well known as he frequently provides discounts, does work pro bono, and has a heart that can't say no to animals in need.

Rod is correct that Dr. Blease worked in the veal industry in the 1970's. What Rod has neglected to mention is that Dr. Blease IMPROVED the conditions in veal barns by educating farmers on sanitation, ventilation, illumination, and diet. It was not uncommon in the United States for veal calves to be housed in stuffy barns, in the dark, deprived of iron in their diet, and subject to cleaning practices that put them at higher risk for respiratory infections. I support anyone who chooses not to eat veal or to protest the amount of living space a veal calf is provided. I support Dr. Blease because as a veterinarian, as an advocate and as an author he greatly improved the living condition and mortality rate of veal calves all over the east coast.

Many of Rod's statements are simply incorrect. The pony was not shot and was not used for food. Animals are not neglected. Yes, sometimes animals get themselves dirty, but they are continually cared for, cleaned, well fed, and loved while they go find a new mess to get themselves into. Also, Dr. Blease cares for the animals in his hospital, in CSA's shelter and in his home more than can be stated in words. Dr. Blease's own pets are mostly rescues that required training or regular medical care. Anyone at his hospital can tell you how much his pet's return their owners love and adore Dr. Blease as their friend.

Dr. Blease is generous to the fault of being taken advantage of, donates his own time and assets to the support of animals, personally saves the lives of animals all hours of the day and night without the motivation of financial gain or praise, and lives his life as an advocate for animal welfare and the profession of veterinary medicine.

AUTHOR: Jennifer8250 - (U.S.A.)

I will admit, Dr Blease is hard for some to understand, but I know him... and he is one of the nicest, sweetest, most intelligent men you'd ever meet! He is compassionate towards animals and to the feelings of their owners. I have seen Dr. Blease give expensive vet care to birds hit by cars, saving stray animals that don't have owners to pay for their care... all out of the kindness of his heart.

Dr. Blease has been absulutely amazing... sometimes being too nice too the point where he has been taken advantage of at times..... letting owners leave with their pets, and stiffing him with the bill. Dr. Blease's shelter is always clean... (as clean as you'd expect) with the amount of stray animals housed there. He takes in animals, and refuses to put them down BECAUSE he cares about them... and wants them to have a chance at getting a home! Running his organization is expensive... and it's run soley on donations.

Dr. Blease works from sun up to sun down, and the man never refuses emergencies, or owners who are just merely worried over some minor sickness signs. He would take the pet in early or late at night! I have seen him discount bills countless times... so... how could anyone say that he only cares about the money?!?! That's crazy.

And, as far as his son goes... His son is a sweet, EXREMELY intelligent little boy... and he loves his animals. As with all children, he has probably needed guidance with handling the animals in the past, however... Dr. Blease should not suffer the actions of his little boy. I can't imagine Dr. Blease EVER knowingly, willingly let abuse go on towards any animals.
Dr. Blease has had experience with horses, with farm animals, birds, exotic animals... etc.

He's a great doctor, and a wonderful friend! How could anyone trash talk a man who has done nothing but cared about others how whole life?!
And, as far as his OWN animals.... Let me just say... Those dogs of his ADORE him! I WISH my dogs were as well mannered as his! He took the time to train his great dane (Oden), and change that dog from an obnoxious, hyper beast into one od the sweetest, most loyal, friendly dogs you'd ever meet. I not only respect Dr. Blease... I look up to him. He never runs out of energy... and he NEVER RUNS OUT OF HEART!!!! And, I wish there was some way to thank him for all he's done.

AUTHOR: Jennifer8250 - (U.S.A.)

I bring my Cats there and there is no evidence of Rods statements being true

AUTHOR: Tutandtif - (U.S.A.)

in my opinion, 'rod' is a nut job with a personal vendetta against Dr. Blese and his shelter

#6 Consumer Suggestion

You are wrong

AUTHOR: Animal Lover - (U.S.A.)

I personally have taken a sick animal to Doctor Blease. It was a weekend and no other vet would see our pet. I remembered hearing about common sense for animals and head a lot of positive things about Dr. Blease. When I called and left a message someone got back to me right away. They told me to come right over and the Dr. would see our pet immediately. Our pet was very sick and got extremely worse during the drive over. Dr. Blease picked up our pet and held it and told us her body temperature was low, he checked her out.

After a legnthy discussion, which I won't get into, he advised us that our pet was dying and there was nothing he could do and he would put her to sleep if that is what we wanted. He held our pet and cuddled it like it was his own and was very gentle and caring. We decided to put her asleep. Dr. Blease said if we wanted to have a few minutes with her alone he would leave the room. He was very compasionate and caring. Our pet meant everything to us, but old age got the best of her. I also know a lot of people who currently volunteer their time and other who nolonger volunteer at Common Sense for Animals and have never heard anything other than good. SHAME ON YOU FOR YOUR COMMENTS.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

You are wrong

AUTHOR: Animal Lover - (U.S.A.)

What's the deal with Rod?!

AUTHOR: Csa Friend - (U.S.A.)

I've known Dr. Blease for over seven years. I spend a great deal of time at his facility and know his family and all of the staff very well. To say Dr. Blease does not care about the health and well-being of the animals under his care is unfair and untrue. Every animal under his care is given a chance to find a good home and receives proper medical care. Those that volunteer do so because they believe in Doc's cause.

Rod acuses Br. Blease of taking Money from his shelter/practice. He couldn't be further from the truth!. I've witnessed Doc waive fees for those that cannot pay as well as sink his own money into the shelter to keep it going. Last I checked, Doc doesn't drive a Rolls.

I don't know what Rod's issue with Doc is, but he's got his facts wrong. His son is a living child and cares greatly for the animals under Doc's care. The Jack Russel is his pet, and he loves him dearly (actually, he has two Jack Russels). He is a smart, sensitive child. He wrote a tribute to Barbaro, a horse he didn't know personally. He recently wrote a children's book, which we are fortunate to have received a copy. He wanted my four-year-old to have a copy as he considers him a friend.

My comments are from a person who knows Dr. Blease and considers him and his family, techs and volunteers friends. He has ALWAYS treated my pets well (and he DOES caress and care for them). He gave my little dog a chance to live when most vets would have said there is no hope. As it stands now, he looks to be making a recovery and will be coming home soon.

To say Doc does not care about his own animals/pets is the furthest from the trust. Be it know that every animal on the premisis, whether a shelter animal of a pet of a client are considered Doc's animals as long as they are there. He knows each by name, can probably give you the medical status of each without even looking at a chart (I've seen him cite status without needing to refer to paper, ant he's right). He works seven days a week. He lives on-site (you're right about THAT Rod), and he spends many late nights, and sometimes overnights, in the hospital caring for animals.

Dr. Blease is the best vet ever. I make it a point to state that not every sick animal will survive. I've seen Doc make a few miracles. Mu dog appears to be one. HAd my dig not responded to treatment, I still would have known that Doc did everything he could to give him a chance. He cares. That's the reason I donate my time and skills to making CSA a better place.

Dr. Blease is a Wonderful Veterinarian

AUTHOR: Animallover - (U.S.A.)

In response to these accusations against Dr. Blease, I can only report that over the past 15 years he has been our veterinarian, we have found him to be nothing but kind, compassionate, and a wonderful doctor. He has been with us through the humane euthanasia of two of our senior dogs due to cancer, examinations of our new puppies, cats with UTIs, yearly check-ups, you name it. He has always treated our animals with compassion and dignity and an immense amount of care.

My children and I also started voluntering at the shelter there last year. The writer claims that Dr. Blease is careless in his practice, but the volunteers are wonderful. Dr. Blease IS THE HEART of the shelter, that is why you find so many dedicated volunteers!! He is truly an inspiration for us all...and I would personally encourage anyone with a pet to visit with Dr. Blease. You'll love him, as we do.