Complaint Review: Dream Finder's Homes

• Reported By: Disatisfied Home Buyer — Ponte Vedra Beach Florida
Dream Finder's Homes
360 Corporate Orange Park, Florida USA

Dream Finder's Homes Unreputable Builder St Johns Florida

Dream Finder's Homes is dishonest builder.  I signed a contract to build a home.  I paid a binder.  I spent time with the Sales Agent to pick out my lot, select the elevation and several features for the home.  I was under the impression that the lot was mine and that I was building a home.  When I called to schedule my design appointment, I was told that the Builder would not honor the contract.  I was told that the price that was advertised (and still listed in all the documentation in the sales office) was too low.  He said that I needed to pay $16,000 more to buy the house.  My Realtor called several time to talk to management.  They were very unresponsive.  Her Broker was able to reach the Builder.  The Builder refused to honor the price in the contract.  I was heart broken.   It's very disappointing that Dream Finder's would let me get so far into the process and then raise the price so dramatically.  He would not budge on the price nor negotiate at all.  Completely unethical for not honoring his published prices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2013 11:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dream-Finders-Homes/Orange-Park-Florida-32073/Dream-Finders-Homes-Unreputable-Builder-St-Johns-Florida-1061433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dream Finder's Homes