• Report: #319651

• Submitted: Thu, March 20, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, March 20, 2008

• Reported By:worldwide California
Dream Kittens Cattery Nova Cuave
11203 Sageville Dr Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Nova Cuave Sold buyer kitten who wanted to breed a male with only 1 t******e Houston Texas

1st Complaint Against:

Breeder: Nova Cuave
Cattery: Dream Kitten Persians
Address: 11203 Sageville Dr.
City: Houston, Texas, 77089
Phone: 832-433-3815/281-303-5606/281-481-5964
Complaintant: Suzanne Cancel
Date: 8/1/05
What will satisfy your complaint?
A refund

Share Comments Read Comments

I bought a 16wk old black male persian from Nova to show and breed. She knew this and shipped me the kitten. When I took him to the vet he had ringworn, conjunctivitis and an upper respitory infection. But worst of all the vet said that he did not have any testicles and would not have any. He also stated that there was no way she did not know this or that she sent me a cat infected w/ 3 comunicable diseased which infected my other cats as well. I cannot breed or show this cat.She will not return my emails to even discuss this.She also has a $400. deposit on a kitten, yet to be born, and I don't expect to see the kitten or any of that money back either.

I did get a copy of the vets diagnoses that day and my vet is also going to write up a separate report on my kitten not having any testicles when he was suppose to since he was bought for showing and breeding. We aren't a cattery and breeding wasn't a primary although we told the breeder that we probably would after we showed him. After I found out about our male having undestended testicles I called several breeders that I had bought healthy kittens from and they said that although you can show a neutered cat you can not show a "whole" cat with undestended testicles. So we can neither show or breed him. I will send you both the vets report on his illnesses and his undestended testicles when I receive it.

Regarding the health certificate, I did receive one stating that the kitten was healthy in every way, but my vet was very puzzeled about the actual certificate. I was given a health certificate as our cat was shipped to us but our vet said that when you ship a cat, as we did! , there is a state health certificate form for each state. That every vet has this form and fills this specific form for shipping. What I received from Ms. Cuavo was just a white piece of paper that apparently she made. My vet said that he was very surprised that with this "homemade" health certificate that the airline even released the cat to me. That the State Health Certificate form was not optional but very much mandatory.

This is the first cat that we had every had shipped to us so I was unaware of this. Not only is this cat sick, but was sharing food dishes and litter boxes w/ the rest of my cats and now they are all sick. As a breeder I feel she acted in a completely unethical manner, not only lieing about the gentials but knowing full well that not only was she sending me a sick cat, but that everything this kitten had was contagious (ringworm, conjuntivitis, respitory infection) and she knew that I had other kittens just purchased that would be at risk.

She also has a! $400.00 deposit of mine for a kitten. If she keeps this, and does not give me a kitten, that to me is simply theft. Thank you very much for your prompt attention to this matter. As I said, I will email you the health certificate and vet's report some time today. I also have saved and printed emails from Ms. Cuavo telling her that the kitten was sick the day we received him. I also have other documented proof on other emails we sent to each other corroborating everything I have stated in my complaint.

Pedigree Cat Advocate Public Alert
worldwide, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2008 10:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dream-Kittens-Cattery-Nova-Cuave/Houston-Texas-77089/Nova-Cuave-Sold-buyer-kitten-who-wanted-to-breed-a-male-with-only-1-testicle-Houston-Texas-319651. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dream Kittens Cattery Nova Cuave