Complaint Review: Drive Financial

• Updated: Mon, July 08, 2013

• Reported By: Latonia — Summerville South Carolina
Drive Financial
Dallas, Texas USA

Drive Financial Santander Consumer This company repoed my car claiming I owed them $1300 in late fees back in 2010, after I paid them off in full. Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: Questions..

This company repossessed my car that they claimed I owed $1300 in late fees. I paid the loan until it matured. I thought I didn't owe any more money until I requested my title. That's when they said  I owed this late fee money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 09:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Financial/Dallas-Texas-75267/Drive-Financial-Santander-Consumer-This-company-repoed-my-car-claiming-I-owed-them-1300-1065428. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Financial

Questions..

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Thinking you don't owe any money is a lot different than owing money.

Are you saying you think you paid it off in 2010 and in 2013 when you asked for your title is when they reposessed it?  Did they have your right address, how about your correct phone number?  Perhaps they did try to contact you and never could.

Just paying on your loan isn't enough.  You have to pay the full amount due on the due date.  So were you ever late during your loan?  Do you have proof of your payments?