Complaint Review: Drive Time And First Acceptance Insurance

• Submitted: Thu, October 04, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 04, 2007

• Reported By:Fayetteville Georgia
Drive Time And First Acceptance Insurance
3852 Jonesboro Road Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Drive Time And First Acceptance Insurance New Compliant for Drive Time and First Acceptance/ STAY AWAY FROM THERE! Atlanta Georgia

I know I have already complained about Drive Time, but after what happened the other day, I am going to buy a car somewhere else:

First of all, First Acceptance Insurance is the worst. It has now been over two months since the accident and nothing has been accomplished yet because Hugh Reid, who is my appraiser has been procrastinating on the whole issue. First off, it took him two weeks to tell me that my car was totaled. Then I didn't fill out the Total Loss paperwork correctly and it took him a month to finally tell me.

And now I just had to fill out the paperwork right for the third time and send it to the insurance company priority. Now because of their mess up, Drive Time is now coming after me for money owed on a car I no longer drive. If this had all been taken care of back in August, then Drive Time would have eliminated the rest of the loan that my insurance didn't cover.

About two weeks ago I received a call from Drive Time and they told me that I had to make two payments of $197.83 for them to write the rest of the loan off. So I had to use my vacation pay from work that I was going to use to put down for another car to send to them. And now they want more money from me.

I spoke with Rick Muse from the Drive Time collection department and he told me that if they don't have the money by the end of this week, then they are going to try and get it from me. And also he even said if I go in default in the new loan even once, then Drive Time will sue me for the both the old loan and the new one.

This is why I feel very uncomfortable to have to go back to Drive Time. I feel that if they took advantage of me, then I should have the right to go somewhere else and buy a used car without getting ripped off the way I did. I had no idea that Drive Time used to be the Ugly Duckling because if I knew I never would have bought a car from there.

And because of how my insurance company screwed me I want to file a lawsuit against First Acceptance and Drive Time. I have bought many used cars and been screwed, but I have never in my life been taken advantage of this way until I went to Drive Time.

Tbald1977
Fayetteville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2007 10:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time-And-First-Acceptance-Insurance/Atlanta-Georgia-30354-3507/Drive-Time-And-First-Acceptance-Insurance-New-Compliant-for-Drive-Time-and-First-Acceptanc-277040. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time And First Acceptance Insurance