Complaint Review: Drive Time llc

• Updated: Wed, January 22, 2014

• Reported By: Johnsont_93@hotmail.com — South Carolina
Drive Time llc
178 grey stone blvd columbia sc Columbia, South Carolina USA

Drive Time llc Flat out lied and withheld important info Columbia South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Wrong lesson learned.

I am a twenty year old nursing student from SC. I needed a car to get back and forth to my new job at the mall and my aunt suggested DriveTime. I had already gone to other dealers but I had no credit so it was difficult to get approved. At the same time I was anxious to get a car and had not done as much research as I should have. The girl that was my dealer gave three options to choose from. She said these cars were under a 'lease' program and that it was all my credit could get me. She told me the good thing about the lease option is that I could return the car at anytime with no penalty...lie. As we were discussing warranty, which the car had, my aunt asked the return policy. The sales rep told us we had five days to return and would be charged a 200 fee and an additional dollar per mile over 70...lie. After all of my info was done the sales manager review the contract repeating the five day return policy and pointing it out on my contract. [continued below]....

..... What the manager fail to point out was the fact that the contract stated on another page that I only had 24 hours to return the car. After telling my family that I was paying 14,000 dollars for a 2006 kia sorento they were mind blown and said it was over priced. I was devastated when I found out that I could not get my down payment back, which was 1,320 dollars. I also could not convince the sales manager that I was being ripped off. Ive learned from my experience and I hope I help someone like myself to not make the same rash decisions. Whatever you do DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DRIVETIME. They will rob you with a smile on their face.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2014 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time-llc/Columbia-South-Carolina-29210/Drive-Time-llc-Flat-out-lied-and-withheld-important-info-Columbia-South-Carolina-1117776. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time llc

Wrong lesson learned.

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

" my aunt suggested DriveTime. "

Does your aunt not like you for some reason?

" Whatever you do DO NOT PURCHASE FROM DRIVETIME. "

That should not be the moral of this story.    If you are unprepared or unwilling to find out what a car is worth before buying it, you will get hosed at any used car dealer you visit.   Additionally, if you are not willing to thoroughly read and understand contracts before signing them, you will get hosed at any used car dealer you visit.

That is the nature of the used car business as a whole, not just one particular dealer.