alliance

• Submitted: Tue, October 23, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, October 02, 2009

• Reported By:Fayetteville Georgia
Drive Time
3852 Jonesboro Road Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Drive Time Rip-Offs Drive Time Rip-Off Revenge. How To Save Your Credit Atlanta Georgia

*General Comment: re: DISPUTE ANYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT

*Author of original report: lexington law

*Consumer Comment: A USED CAR

*Author of original report: Buying a car

*Consumer Comment: Interested in the solution you chose

*Author of original report: THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK

*Consumer Comment: In Drive Time's Corner 100%

*Consumer Suggestion: Can Lexington Law answer this?

*Consumer Comment: Of course they can dispute it....

*Author of original report: Yes Lexington Law can save your credit!

*Consumer Comment: Is this an advertisement for Lexington Law?

To everyone else who went to Drive Time and got ripped off:

If your credit is ruined because of Drive Time, go and search for a company called Lexington Law. They are in Utah and will dispute all negative items found on your credit report. I hooked up with them about 2 months ago and so far Drive Time has not showed up negative on my report but I will definetely dispute it if I see it.

Also I am residing in Georgia and there is no lemon law here on used cars but I want to know if there is a law for places like Drive Time that rip people off by charging double what the cars are worth and then slapping another couple of thousands on to the loan for the interest rate? I signed up with Pre-Paid Legal and already sent the contract and other information to the attorney. And also I did contact the Better Business Bureau and told them how I was ripped off, but they said that dealerships could charge how much they want to.

If this is true then there is nothing I could do about it is there? I mean from reading everyone's complaints about how they were taken advantage of by Drive Time, there has got to be something we could do because they can't keep getting away with this.

I am not going to be sending any more money to Drive Time. I found a place in Union City, Georgia and was already approved for a loan there. I have made a very bad mistake in going to Drive Time to buy a car, especially going there all by myself. I have learned my lesson not to jump into anything because I will end up paying the price later on. No matter how desperate I am for a car, I am going to take my time and make sure I know what I will be getting into.

So again those of you who got ripped off by Drive Time and ruined your credit, search for Lexington Law and they will dispute this against all three credit bureaus. And also anyone else who resides in Georgia, please let me know if there is a gauge law and if we could do something about how we were all taken advantage of. We need to put a stop to this once and for all.

Tbald1977
Fayetteville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/23/2007 10:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/Atlanta-Georgia-30354-3507/Drive-Time-Rip-Offs-Drive-Time-Rip-Off-Revenge-How-To-Save-Your-Credit-Atlanta-Georgia-280354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time

#1 General Comment

re: DISPUTE ANYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT

AUTHOR: justin.j.smith@gmail.com - (U.S.A.)

Yes, you can dispute anything on your credit report.  Yes, Lexington Law can do that for you.  It's a bit like paying someone to mow your lawn...

That being said - yes, things will disappear from your credit report.  For a time. Then, they will come back. If the report is legitimate all they can do is charge you huge amounts of money and play tricks to temporary remove the items from your report.

lexington law

AUTHOR: Tbald1977 - (U.S.A.)

To the person who said that I will be making a report on Lexington Law: Some of my negative items have already been deleted so they are definetely not a scam. You need to look into them if your credit is less than perfect. BANKRUPTCY ISN'T ALWAYS THE ANSWER!

A USED CAR

AUTHOR: Billcoll01 - (U.S.A.)

IS A USED CAR IS A USED CAR BUT IF YOU GO TO A POPULAR NEW CAR DEALERSHIP, YOU CAN GET A TRADE IN & MOST DEALERS DO AN INSPECTION BEFORE THEY WILL SELL A USED CAR. AS FAR AS FINANCING, IF YOU HAVE BAD CREDIT, YOU WILL STILL PAY A HIGH INT RATE. YOU NEED TO USE A 2ND CHANCE LOAN TO IMPROVE YOUR CREDIT & NEXT TIME THE RATE WILL BE LOWER. NO MATER WHICH SUBPRIME LENDER YOU GO WITH THERE WILL BE COMPLAINTS
BY THE WAY, THERE IS NO MAGIC FIX FOR BAD CREDIT & I THINK TBALD1977 WILL
BE MAKING A RIPOFF REPORT ON LEXINGTON

Buying a car

AUTHOR: Tbald1977 - (U.S.A.)

First off, how is your credit? Because at Drive Time they take advantage of those who have less than perfect credit. Try looking into a dealership where they specialize in helping those with poor credit. What part of Georgia do you reside in? Because I went to a place in Union City called Don Jackson Mitsubishi and got a very good deal.

Interested in the solution you chose

AUTHOR: Seekingadvice14 - (U.S.A.)

I am interested in knowing what dealership you went to. I am currently looking for a car and I have looked into getting a car from Drive Time. However, I ran across your Ripoff Report. I live in Georgia as well and wanted to know if the dealership you went to has a location in the area I live. In the meantime, I will continue to look for a vehicle.

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR FEEDBACK

AUTHOR: Tbald1977 - (U.S.A.)

Everyone here has the right to share their opinions. But what I was saying is that sometimes you may need legal help in disputing items that are negative on your credit report, especially with places like Drive Time who rip off innocent people every single day. All we are trying to do is better our credit scores, but these places make it worse by taking advantage of us when we are trying to make our credit better.

In Drive Time's Corner 100%

AUTHOR: Tessa - (U.S.A.)

How is Drive Time any different from all of the other dealerships out there? If you purchase a car from "any" dealership you sign your name on the line. You" accept" all terms and agree to pay your car note on time, you agree to the warranty time frame or you buy the car as is...

What people are forgetting here is that Drive Time is a second chance company. If you have gone to Drive time it is because you have bad credit. So, if you've already been in situations that have led up to you visiting a Drive Time location, then you should already know that you must PAY VERY CLOSE ATTENTION to what you are signing for.

I purchased a truck from Drive Time. I received VERY good service. I read and understood what the condition of the car was at the time of purchase. You see, no mechanics work on site at Drive Time...

I make my payments ON TIME. I haven't had any problems with my truck. Should I have any problems, I would not go back to Drive Time after signing a warranty that has expired. I would call a mechanic.

If your warranty has expired, it doesn't matter what you say, you agreed to the terms and that is just how it is. It is then your FULL responsible to have whatever repairs done that are needed. Same as if you purchase a car from a dealership and the warranty expires.

The problem here isn't Drive Time, I feel that the problem is people do not pay attention to what they are agreeing to. If you already have bad credit, maybe its time to take some responsible. I am not pointing finger because like I said, I have bad credit and that is why I went to Drive Time for my vehicle.But I am saying, consumers must adhere to the terms that they agree to. Simple as that.

I love Drive Time and I haven't had any problems. As a matter of fact, Drive Time is the reason why I am no longer upside down in a vehicle. They are the reason why I am driving my "choice" and not something that I was forced into by being ignorant. They provided outstanding service and must be recognized for it. Not put down.

If you still don't understand what I'm saying, I just proved my point.

#8 Consumer Suggestion

Can Lexington Law answer this?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

For Tbald1977:

I'd like to know just ONE thing 'FIX MY CREDIT' outfits such as Lexington Law does that the consumer debtor cannot do for himself/herself.

So far, NO credit repair outfit has answered these questions. Let's see if you will:

Make a budget? Nope, debtor can do that without Lexington Law.

Fix errors on a credit report? Nope, debtor can do that without Lexington Law.

Come up with a 2 year payment plan (or longer if needed) to pay off all existing creditors? Nope, debtor can do that without Lexington Law.

Negotiate a MUTUALLY agreeable written settlement with a creditor? Nope, debtor can do that without Lexington Law.

Releive the consumer debtor of monies that could be used to pay down their existing debt quicker? YUP! THAT'S something the consumer debtor CANNOT do without you!

It's about education! There are plenty of outfits online, and in almost any community in the U.S, where debtors can get FREE counseling and in many cases FREE assistance writing letters, setting up a budget, negotiating with creditors, etc!

So why should folks pay Lexington Law or any other "credit repair" outfit to do what they can do themselves for free?

Of course they can dispute it....

AUTHOR: Bart - (U.S.A.)

but that doesn't mean they are doing much. Like the previous rebuttal says, there is nothing they can do about factual late or missed payment reporting. Your problem is much biger than Drive that's for sure.

Yes Lexington Law can save your credit!

AUTHOR: Tbald1977 - (U.S.A.)

YOU CAN DISPUTE ANYTHING ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT! This is what Lexington does for people.

Is this an advertisement for Lexington Law?

AUTHOR: Frank - (U.S.A.)

I have no connection with Drive Time. Based on what I have read here at ROR, I would never enter into a contract with that business.

However, I wish to point out two facts:

1. If the information in your credit report is accurate (e.g., late payments, a repossession), then there is not much you or any lawyer can do about your ruined credit.

2. As of this date, there are 17 Rip-off Reports filed on Lexington Law. One should certainly read those reports before deciding to give Lexington Law any money.

Regards,