Complaint Review: Drive time

Drive time
3350 w colonial dr Orlando, Florida USA

Drive time Lied to make a deal Orlando Florida

*Consumer Comment: You are confused about car ownership

I purchased a 2007 chrysler 300 from drivetime. The day I drove off the lot I have been taking to add parts that should have been inspection before I bought it. I call the claims dept several times to get my car fixed but they would not accept the car issues that was told to them as payment toward the company. I have came out my pocket for over 2000 dollars in repairs within the first month and counting. I called and told them I was nt paying for both and the threatening to come get the car same day.

Doing the sales I was showed a clear car fax on the car. couple months later wanting to paint it the Chrysler auto shop showed me where it has been into at least 2 wrecks from the driver side from the overspray. I went back to them and brought the paper from the body shop and they (then ) told me it was a rental for 6 years. They don't inspect when they come in just put them on the lot. they are asking me to pay 200 a week for a savage car. I can't afford it with all the work I had to replace on it..total of the car is 25,000 for a 2007. I need a lawyer

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 08:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-time/Orlando-Florida-32808/Drive-time-Lied-to-make-a-deal-Orlando-Florida-1128453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive time

You are confused about car ownership

AUTHOR: FloridaNative - ()

It is evident from your report that you do not understand car ownership responsibilites at all. When you buy a vehicle, it is up to you to maintain and repair the vehicle at your expense. If you have a warranty, then the warranty is only applicable to the items covered in the warranty contract and is only as good as the warranty company with whom you have contracted.

If you don't have the money to repair a vehicle, you have no business buying one.

The $25,000 you mention is because you didn't have the money to pay cash for the vehicle you purchased. The fact that you have weekly payments indicates that you have bad credit. People with bad credit pay a higher rate because they are high risk borrowers. High risk borrowers are likely to default on their contract. If you stop paying for the car then it will be repossessed. That is a function of the lender that loaned you the money to buy the car and has nothing to do with the repair cost. Even if it is in the same physical building, the loan to purchase the vehicle is a separate contract from any repair contract you have signed. You can not withhold vehicle payments because your car is in the shop. One has nothing to do with the other.

if you want the vehicle fixed so that it lasts longer, then take it to a real mechanic and not Drive Time.

Why would an attorney work with you since you are the one that has apparently defaulted on the contract?

engineer