Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Reported By: Romy — Las Vegas Nevada
Drive Time
4020 East Indian School Rd Phoenix, Arizona USA

Drive Time Lie, Deceipt, misrepresentation then rude Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Comment: There's a reason for that.

For individuals rebuilding credit Drive Time seems like a perfect avenue.  Don't be fooled.  I am a victim of my own doing so I thought Drive Time would be a solution to getting back on my feet.  Little did I realize that I am their perfect VICTIM.

They are taught to lie regarding anything as long as they can get a signature and down payment.  They even told me I had 30 days to exchange the car provide it was in same condition.

Now I wanted to exchange the car because I found out all the service and inspections they claimed were not done prior to putting car on lot for sale were not done.  I tried to exchange but my salesman (Joe Christensen Sahara Ave Las Vegas) said I needed to work through the sales manager Nathan Terry (Sahara Ave Las Vegas) because he did not know exactly how the exchange program worked and if there was a fee.

When Nathan Terry got on the phone, very nicely he asked if it was a lease or purchase so he could assist me.  As soon as I said purchase he appologized and said how sorry he was but it only applied to Leased vehicles.  Purchased vehicles only have 5 days!  The set up was asking if it was a purchase or lease.  Either answer was going to have the same outcome.

Then he said it was a corporate policy and transferred me to Customer Care in Phoenix.  Taylor answered the phone and I explained the circumstances because in addition to no service on vehicle the car had satellite radio according to them that just needed activation.  Guess...When I tried to activate I found out that the satellite button was in place however all the inner workings were removed.  Taylor was so empathetic and apologetic in telling me its too bad.  It's my car and nothing they will do about it.

Their Legal Dept (1-877-879-6735) takes messages promising a Sr Staff Member will callback but it never happens.

Sadly they prey honest people that went through a bad time.  They do whatever is necessary to get you to sign but cover all bases by recording only the signing so that everything they say prior is not recorded but their presentation during signing that has Audio and Video is well designed and planned to protect them from all misrepresentations and leave the customer feeling completely screwed.

Though I am a small voice if even one person sees this article and it convinces them to go elsewhere I will vindicated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2014 02:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/Phoenix-Arizona-85018/Drive-Time-Lie-Deceipt-misrepresentation-then-rude-Phoenix-Arizona-1118223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time

There's a reason for that.

AUTHOR: Crucible - ()

They do whatever is necessary to get you to sign but cover all bases by recording only the signing so that everything they say prior is not recorded "

That's because what is on the written contract supercedes any verbal representations.   If it's not on the contract, it's not part of the deal.  That would include the return terms.   You don't have to take the word of anyone on the phone, just look at the contract.

That is why the goal of all used car salespeople is to do or say whatever it takes to get your signature on the contract.

Something to keep in mind next time you buy a used car.