Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Updated: Thu, October 31, 2013

• Reported By: Rick — Knithdale North Carolina
Drive Time
3628 Capital Blvd Raleigh, NC 27604 Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Drive Time Sold Vehicle To Me For Extremely High Price Force A 2500.00 Warranty On Me, Will Refund Any Of Warranty Monies Back If You Trade Which I Can't Because I Own Wat To Much, Vehicle Has Bad Suspension Problem, Engine Uses Oil, Transmission Torque Converter Is Going Bad And I Have Only Put 6k On Vehicle Since I Purchased It Raleigh North Carolina

*General Comment: Drive Time is a RIPOFF. A very OBVIOUS Ripoff. So I DON'T feel sorry for you!

*Consumer Comment: So Then...

Ipruchase A Vehicle From Drive Time Raleigh Nc , Have Only Put 6K On It Since I Purchased It. Vehicle Has Major Suspension Problem, Engine Uses Oil, Transmission Torque Converter Is Going Bad. I Have Called Them And Ask It They Would Trade Me Out Of Vehicle, They Said No. I Have Threatened To Not Pay For It, They Don't Care, Will So It As Repo. I Filed An Complant With The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Now I An Getting Some Response From Them, Not Sure How Far That Will Get Me With Them, It Not I Will Hire An Lawyer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2013 08:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27604/Drive-Time-Sold-Vehicle-To-Me-For-Extremely-High-Price-Force-A-250000-Warranty-On-Me-Wi-1094745. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time

#1 General Comment

Drive Time is a RIPOFF. A very OBVIOUS Ripoff. So I DON'T feel sorry for you!

AUTHOR: DITEX - ()

I understand being desperate. My car broke down and I live alone. I had no way to work. I didn't have much money and my credit was not the best so I called Drive Time. I wanted to purchase a used Nissan Murano. The Murano I wanted was a couple of years old. I always purchase used cars. Can't afford brand new ones.

So when I called Drive Time this woman answereda and said they had three Nissan Muranos. She gave me the mileage and color. I was on my computer and was on Kelly Blue Book. She then gave me the price and I almost collapsed. Those cars were listed on Kelly blue book having a retail price for the year I wanted and the mileage of around $6,000.00 to $7,000.00. The car was several years old and had high mileage.

Well, Drive Time was selling them for over $20,000.00.

NO PHUCKING WAY!!!!

Drive time had more than tripled the price of the cars!!

And on TOP of TRIPLING THE PRICE they were most definately going to go for the JUGULAR in FINANCE/INTEREST CHARGES.

So instead of paying three times the price of a vehicle a person would end up most likely paying FIVE TIMES THE PRICE OF WHAT THE VEHICLE WAS WORTH.

I said "HELL NO SUCKER, I WASN'T BORN LAST NIGHT" and hung up the phone.

Sometimes you just have to say HELL NO. In this capilistic system many people believe ANYTHING GOES, Any unfair or exhorbitant price is FAIR is someone actually falls for it. I say no it isn't.

You were a little TOO desperate. I don't feel sorry for you.

So Then...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

You say they treated you poorly, right?  What did you do?  You rewarded them by giving them their profit!  Golly, that was smart!