Complaint Review: Drive Time

• Submitted: Fri, October 21, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, October 21, 2005

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Drive Time
4112 W. Broad Street Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.

Drive Time Drive Time Ripoff Cars are No Good and Service Sucks Richmond Virginia

I bought a car from Drive Time on October 14, 2005 (a 1999 Poniac Montanta) at the time I had just finished signing all the paper work the Sales Associate notes the airbag light just came on. I'm like whoa but I trusted this guy and he was like our service manager will check that out for you and he gave me the business card. The next day which was a Saturday the car was suppering and stalling it shifted like a 5 speed and its a minivan.

So Sunday I decide I'm gonna take it out on the road my sister lives in NC so its about 1hour 40 minutes from my house to hers the light is still on but the car seemed to drive a little smoother. Then the darn low traction light came on and the airbag light wouldn't go off.

On my way home the car read the door was ajar. I pulled over I have three kids with me at the time, my daughter of 6, my son of 8, and my neice age 2 in the back of this minivan that the door won't close properly. When I check all the doors and find out the rubber that the door slides on has fallen off and the door that my daughter was sitting near wasn't closing properly.

When I called on Monday I felt rushed and the service department gave me an appointment Nov. 8. I told them I want to return it and get my money back I haven't had the car a week. I was told by Guy the manager that I can not return the car for my a return of my deposit. I don't trust these people and I dont' trust them to make the repairs. It feels like a transmission issue and definatley an electrical problem the low traction light is comeing on and off everything is blinking and sending warnings.

These people treat you like a dollar sign after they get their money.

Nichole
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2005 08:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drive-Time/Richmond-Virginia-23223/Drive-Time-Drive-Time-Ripoff-Cars-are-No-Good-and-Service-Sucks-Richmond-Virginia-161568. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drive Time