Complaint Review: drivenow

• Reported By: trice1 — charlotte North Carolina United States of America
drivenow

drivenow micheal Caused me to loose everything. Internet

*Consumer Suggestion: contact information

*General Comment: Damn these companies that use Fire Arms to force you to buy something

I have been in the transportation business for several years.   I worked as a broker agent and my husband was an over the road driver.  We decided to take our income tax refund and invest in a semi truck.  Finding financing was hard.  So we decided to use drive now to build our credit.  Micheal was rude.  But this was the only financing  that we could find.  We put down almost $5000 on a $24000 truck.  Micheal would not allow us to take the vehicle to be checked out by an mechanic and our deposit was nonrefundable.
After driving the vehicle home we learn that the vehicle was not road ready.  Drive now does their own inspection on site and gives you a pass inspection sticker and cab card.  Finally after a month of repairs I was able to put the truck on the road.  The first year we had over $20000 in repairs.  I have the receipts and tax documents to prove it.  In October of 2011 truck blow head. took truck to volvo repairs was 6000 so drivenow picked truck up with an attempt to repo it because weekly payments where behind.
  I caught payment up and continued to make payment in march 2012 I was able to get the truck back.  Drivenow did the repairs and charged us over 6000 and added to my payments.  June of 2012 Truck head gaskets went out again.  Truck was down no income but drivenow wanted a weekly payment.  So they repo the truck and the repair shop gave me an estimate of 12000 to repair.  Truck would have been paid for in January.  I had to move from nc to sc and currently living with parents and starting over.

Read this What happen to a friend
My girlfriend purchased a truck a few months after me put $4000 down and truck broke down on the first trip out from charlotte to PA.  Costing her $3200 she could not make her first 3 payments because she was trying to get the truck out of the shop.  When she paid forrepairs and got the truck out of the shop. The next week the repo it. She did not even have the truck 1 Month.  She lost over $10000 in a month.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/drivenow/internet/drivenow-micheal-Caused-me-to-loose-everything-Internet-1009940. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on drivenow

#1 Consumer Suggestion

contact information

AUTHOR: ripped off - ()

i have had the same situation with drivenow,i have filed a report with the SC department of motor vehciles in columbia sc with customer complaint form # AD-800C, i have also filed a complaint with the better business bureau in charlotte nc ph# 704 927-8611 an the consumer complaint agency ph# 1 888 374-7305, GOD is working on some other stuff inorder that these people realize how serious this is when you sell these unsafe vehicles to customers an the disrespect is shown to them,lets come together an do what ever we have to inorder that this ends before some one is killed by an accident,I PRAY,AMEN

#2 General Comment

Damn these companies that use Fire Arms to force you to buy something

AUTHOR: IamGood - (USA)

Oh Wait, they did not use a firearm.....     !!!! I wonder how they twisted your arm to buy their truck, that you were unable to have inspected??????

Your Quote, not mine "We put down almost $5000 on a $24000 truck.  Micheal would not allow us to take the vehicle to be checked out by an mechanic and our deposit was nonrefundable.  "

Why would you put down 5000 on a truck that they would not allow you to take the vehicle to be checked?????? , and why the double hell would you buy a truck from someone is RUDE to you.

Blame your self for not walking, ooops i mean RUNNING AWAY from this place.

YOU ONLY HAVE YOURSELF TO BLAME!!!!!!1

Next time use your tax refund to pay your bills instead, so you wont have to go to these type of people ever again!!!!!

BOO HOO HOOO, KRY ME A WIVER!!!