Complaint Review: Drivers Auto # 1211

• Reported By: Bk9410 — Houston Texas
Drivers Auto # 1211
13215 Briar Forest Dr Houston, Texas USA

Drivers Auto # 1211 DO NOT WORK HERE!!! Beware of this shop! Houston Texas

A few days ago I began working at this location of Drivers Auto. I was hired under the pretense of the shop being really busy and the manager needing another mechanic to help out. With myself, there were 5 technicians and very little cars coming in. I sat there for 2 days and did next to nothing all day long and whatever I did do, the customer declined the work, so I pretty much sat around and made nothing. The company sent a tow truck to pick up my huge personal toolbox and the paperwork stated that if I quit before 90 days I would have that fee for the tow truck taken out of my check. So, I was hired under false pretenses. Today I sent him a text message thanking him for the opportunity and said I appreciate the opportunity but I would need to quit in order to find a better opportunity, as I have two kids. The manager wrote me back after I politely told him I quit and said "that shows the lack of knowledge and understanding. It will be $100 to get your box but thus probably why you are probably driving a truck. Your tow bill will have to be paid before we release the box".He insulted me for being a truck driver as well. I was never told that or given a copy of any documentation that I signed, and was never told that my toolbox would be held hostage and I would be forced to cough up $100 immediately to get it back, otherwise it would be put into storage and I would be charged fees to store it. I also, never got an employee handbook stating any of these rules. So, needless to say I was forced to pay $100 on the spot to get my personal toolbox back and was threatened to have trespassing charges pressed against me if I did not pay him what he demanded. Brian also stood in between my toolbox and me and would not let me get to MY toolbox until I gave him $100 cash right there. I do have a written receipt proving he made me pay this in cash. I have never been so insulted by an employer in my life and never have been treated with this level of unprofessionalism. The negative reviews of this company's stores does only reflect how they treat their customers but also their employees. These managers need to be managed by someone because they are incompetent and are hiring an excessive number of employees for the little work that comes in.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivers-Auto-1211/Houston-Texas-77077/Drivers-Auto-1211-DO-NOT-WORK-HERE-Beware-of-this-shop-Houston-Texas-1057018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivers Auto # 1211