Complaint Review: Driver's Auto Repair

• Reported By: Meg — Cypress Texas
Driver's Auto Repair
26206 Hempstead Hwy Cypress, Texas USA

Driver's Auto Repair Dishonest Scammers Cypress Texas

I had been having an issue with my 2010 Ford Edge starting for a week or two, so finally when it wouldn't start in my driveway, I wasn't too surprised. My Husband was on his way home from work and told me to call Driver's Auto Repair since it was less than a mile down the street and have them tow the car to their shop to diagnosis it. He believed it might have been the starter. When I called I first asked for a general estimate, but they insisted that they couldn't give me one until they looked at the car. I asked if I would have to pay for the tow and they said only if I didn’t have my car repaired there. Reluctantly I agreed.

After the tow driver picked my car up I called Driver’s back and asked how long it would take to run the diagnostic. [continued below]....

..... The man on the line by the name of Phillip told me that they couldn’t run anything until I agreed to their $59.99 charge. I immediately questioned him on this stating I could have taken my car to Auto Zone and had them run a diagnostic test for free. He stated it was for labor, irritated I agreed because my car was already sitting in their shop.

Not 20 minutes later I received a call back where Phillip proceeded to tell me that both my battery and alternator needed to be replaced, the starter however was just fine. Naturally, I asked him how much THIS was going to cost. He informed me $1045.00! Unbelievable! I told him I’d call him back and hung up. By this time my husband was home and when I told him the cost, he told me to get in his truck and we were going to go speak with them in person.

Once there we went over all the cost of parts we quickly realized they were grossly over charging for parts and we skeptical that there was anything even wrong with the alternator. Without another word we told them to take the car off the lift and we would personally tow the car back to our house, which we did. From there we went straight to Auto Zone, purchased a new battery, and then ran home and replaced. Car started right up so I drive it over to Auto Zone to allow them to run their FREE diagnostic test. Low and behold…New battery PASSES, Starter PASSED, and the Alternator PASSED. No issue with the alternator whatsoever.

Not only is this business greedy, crooked, and immoral, but I’m pretty sure what they are doing to their customers is illegal.

ALWAYS GET A SECOND OPINION!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 08:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivers-Auto-Repair/Cypress-Texas-77429/Drivers-Auto-Repair-Dishonest-Scammers-Cypress-Texas-1106906. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Driver's Auto Repair