Complaint Review: Drivers Auto Repair

• Updated: Tue, August 27, 2013

• Reported By: jupiterschild — League City Texas
Drivers Auto Repair
2896 Marina Bay Drive, League City, Texas USA

We live close to their shop and had vehicle inspections and oil changes done there.  No repair work, they just aren't qualified.  I may be a female senior citizen but have been a gearhead from the 60's and am not stupid about cars, as they seem to think.  I rolled my eyes at their "estimates" and all their dire predictions about the additional work needed on our low miles and well maintained vehicles.  I recently learned the techs work on commission.  On my latest and last visit ever, Mr. Richard advised me I had a serious problem.

My brake light was on, I was low on brake fluid and my nav screen showed the suspension needed to be serviced ASAP.  None of this was on when I drove in  Techs can change the computer settings to display this and that is what they did.  I disconnected the battery to clear the system..and of course, the errors did not reappear.   One month later I had radiator repair at a reputable shop and they got a good laugh about the $4000. "estimate" I had received.   Nothing they had listed was wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/27/2013 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivers-Auto-Repair/League-City-Texas-77573/Drivers-Auto-Repair-BEWARE-TECHS-WILL-CHANGE-THE-SETTING-IN-YOUR-COMPUTER-TO-TRY-TO-GET-1079457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivers Auto Repair