Complaint Review: Drivetime Auto Dealer

• Updated: Wed, January 16, 2013

• Reported By: Lesa — Dallas Georgia United States of America
Drivetime Auto Dealer
Marietta, Georgia United States of America

Drivetime Auto Dealer Ugly Duckling Sold me a PIECE OF CRAP car that I cannot get rid of, but still paying on it, DEARLY!!!!! Marietta, Georgia

*Author of original report: Yes you can get out!

*Author of original report: Me too!

*Consumer Comment: Similar situation with them

*Consumer Comment: I can relate

I was contacted by Drivetime in Nov 2010, stating I qualified for their "DT Champ" program, so I purchased another vehicle from them, thinking it would be lower interest rates, and relied on there "54 point"
inspection and the "Auto Check" report. This is the WORST car I have ever owned in my life, and I am 50 years old. The week after I purchased the car, the drivers side door handle assembly fell off in my hand as I went to open the door. The drivers side door has always rattled but I was told that was not covered under the warranty.

Since August of 2012, I have had to spend over $2500.00 on repairs and parts, and the frame sounds like it is about to fall out from under the car. The drivers door fills up with water inside the door when it rains, and the automatic lock and unlock, and windows do not work at times. The repairman advised the switch for these items had corroded and was probably the reason for them not working. The "Check Engine" light
stays on, and I have already replaced one sensor, and another one needs replacing, which is going to cost me over $600.00 for parts and replacement.  The fan clutch in the motor has to be replaced , and there is probably much more that I am not even aware of at this time.

To top this off, I decided to run a real "CarFax" report on the car myself, and not to my surprise, I found an extensive accident this car was involved in that was not on the "AutoCheck" report from Drivetime. I would have never purchased this vehicle knowing it had been in an extensive
accident in the rear.

Last week, I called drivetime and asked if I could at least trade within Drivetime to get rid of this piece of crap, and I was advised my loan was not low enough to do so, and there was nothing they could do for me! REALLY? What a rip off. I owe $11,000 on a 2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer, and I have contacted every dealer I can in the Atlanta area that advertises "No Matter What You Owe", and they cant even help me.

I am extremely interested in the class action suit that has been referred to in several posts on this horrible company

Lesa, Atlanta Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 02:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime-Auto-Dealer/Marietta-Georgia-/Drivetime-Auto-Dealer-Ugly-Duckling-Sold-me-a-PIECE-OF-CRAP-car-that-I-cannot-get-rid-of-997992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime Auto Dealer

Yes you can get out!

AUTHOR: Lu1962 - ()

I am paying DEARLY for the Honda that I purchased on Friday, May 10th, but I am out of that piece of crap that Drivetime sold me. It is sitting in my cul-de-sac waiting for them to come pick it up! I am going to enter suit against them, and will post on here as it progresses.

Me too!

AUTHOR: Lu1962 - ()

They also did this to me too!!!!  A guy called and said he had issued a warrant for my arrest, and I absolutely lost my mind.  Then he proceeded to ask me what my social was, and I immediately knew right then something was up.  I didn't give it to him, and I told him I had his number and was going to report it to the Sheriffs office in Paulding County where I live.  He immediately changed his tune, and my sister is an attorney who gave him a call, and it came to an abrupt stop quite quickly.  Never heard from him again.  THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!!  Friday, May 10, I purchased a car from a reputable Honda dealership and told Drivetime they could come get the car!  I am now pursuing legal action against this Company and their "Buy Back" bulls**t guarantee. Did you ever get any  relief from them?

Lesa

Similar situation with them

AUTHOR: BillyT - ()

They recently called me and basicly did the same thing except they were claiming to be federal govt collections agents and that they had issued a warrantr for my arrest unless I paid them immediately, unfortunate for them they tried this scam on the wrong person as I am Law Enforcement and know for a fact they were lying and pointed this out to them, needless to say her tone of voice changed immediately and she hungup, unfortunately for them their number showed on my caller ID and for the past several weeks I've been giving her a daily phone call saying hello and asking if she ever issued that warrant..lol

I can relate

AUTHOR: Travis Tarrant - ()

My wife and I bought a car from Drivetime in March of 2012 and for the past year,the car has spent more time in the repair shop than it has on the road and a good deal of the repair work is work that the warranty will not cover,so I'm always late with my payments because a lot of my funds go into repair bills.  Plus,the repair shop they do business with have mechanics whom I don't believe they would know a Craftsmen wrench from a Craftsmen broom(the joke being that Craftsmen doesn't make brooms).  So,I'm stuck this car:-(