Complaint Review: DriveTime Ugly Duckling

• Submitted: Sun, June 13, 2004
  • Updated: Sun, June 13, 2004

• Reported By:Riverside California
DriveTime Ugly Duckling
Indiana Avenue Riverside, California U.S.A.

DriveTime Ugly Duckling ripoff, refused to honor referral program Riverside California

DriveTime has a referral program, so if you refer a friend and they buy a car, a $100 payment will be made on your account. I had a friend refer me, but DriveTime refuses to honor the referral. DriveTime is saying I did not put the referral on any form, even though the sales rep is telling me that he is remembering it. I filled out an application on line a while before going in and purchasing the vehicle, I was surfing the internet and decided to just go ahead and see what happened. I would NEVER have purchased a vehicle at DriveTime if not because of my friend telling me that she had a good experience with them.

Why would I continue to fight this, if I had not put it on some form. The night I purchased the car, I did not go on line and change my application, didn't know I had to. My mistake to think I was dealing with honest people and a reputable company. I was given a ton of paper work to fill out the night I purchased the care and on one of those forms (no I do not know which one) I was verbally asked how I was referred to DriveTime and was explained about the referral process, it was at that point that I put down my friends name.

I physically wrote the name in myself. I had to return to DriveTime a few days later to deal with one of the many issues with my purchase and I asked the sales person if they had any trouble finding my friends name for the referral because the night I bought the car they said they didn't know. They stated they were unsure of the status and at that time, I told them that the loan may have been in her and her husbands name and very likely her husband showed up first, so I gave them my friends husbands name at that time. I have had nothing but stupid little issues with DriveTime.

Lynette
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2004 10:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DriveTime-Ugly-Duckling/Riverside-California-92504/DriveTime-Ugly-Duckling-ripoff-refused-to-honor-referral-program-Riverside-California-94720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DriveTime Ugly Duckling