Complaint Review: Drivetime

• Submitted: Mon, November 12, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, November 12, 2012

• Reported By: scammed — Fairburn Georgia United States of America
6800 S. Jonesboro Road Morrow, Georgia United States of America

Drivetime DT Acceptance Corporation Had the car less than a month, Company and warranty is a rip-off Morrow, Georgia

I purchased a car from Drivetime on 10/06/12, approximately 3 weeks later, my check engine light came on.  I called the warranty hotline, first they gave me listings of an automotive shop that wont let you bring your car in after 2pm, with that being said I dont get off of work until after 3pm.  then I took it to another place, they stated I had to leave the car for a couple days.  Drivetime gave me the hardest time ever getting a car rental, then on top of that they said I was responsible for paying the deposit on the rental, I spoke with two gentleman one who was ok, then his manager got on the phone and his name was Steve, he was rude and abrupt and had very poor customer service. After having my car for 3 days, I was told the problem was the fuel injectors and something along the lines of the computer board and that neither was covered under the warranty, last time I checked the fuel had something to do with the engine working, and the repairs would total almost $800. for a car I hadnt even had a month. Then they told me they would defer my paymnts for up to 4 paymnts to allow me to reapir my car but throw the paymnts on the back of my loan.  Are you freakin serious.  This is the worst experience I have had with a car dealership in my life, I would never recommend anyone to this Dealership.  I will be looking into legal advice, because this is absolutely unacceptable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 01:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime/Morrow-Georgia-30260/Drivetime-DT-Acceptance-Corporation-Had-the-car-less-than-a-month-Company-and-warranty-is-968129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime