Complaint Review: Drivetime

• Updated: Thu, August 15, 2013

• Reported By: ddickerson47 — Godley Texas
Drivetime
4020 East Indian School Road Phoenix, Arizona USA

Drivetime DT Acceptance Corporation Threatening to repossess vehicle after paid off and have official title Phoenix Arizona

*Author of original report: Thank you for the information.

*Consumer Comment: I just got off the phone with corporate Drive time here is some helpful information for you

Paid off my husband's truck in July.  Received a copy of the contract stamped paid, a thank you letter stating loan was complete and that lien was released, and the official title with the date and signature on release of lien area.  Now they are calling saying we still owe $738 and if not paid they will repossess the vehicle.  I believe they are unable to do this due to the fact that we have the title with the lien released and a copy of the contract stamped paid.  I would never deal with this institution again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/15/2013 04:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Drivetime/Phoenix-Arizona-85018/Drivetime-DT-Acceptance-Corporation-Threatening-to-repossess-vehicle-after-paid-off-and-h-1076204. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Drivetime

Thank you for the information.

AUTHOR: ddickerson47 - ()

I did speak with Drivetime yesterday and the rep. I spoke with said he didn't even know anything about us having the title but he was sending the repo man.  However, I believe the problem is solved due to the fact that we took the title we were sent to our registration office today and now have it officially in our name.  We were told that if they do attempt to repossess it, we can call law enforcement as it will be theft on their part.  We have all the documentation, including a copy of the original title.  Thank you so much for your help!!

AUTHOR: Auto dealer fraud Investigator - ()

I just got off the phone with the corporate office at drivetime in Phoenix Arizona. I made this call you.  You say you have documents to prove that you paid off the loan.

I hope the person that posted this report reads my posting. I just got off the phone with drive time for you. If you want to win this situation you need to be posting a picture of a clear picture of the lien release showing everybody that your car has been paid off.  I don't believe they have any legal right to repossess your car if you have a title that shows that the lien has been released.

You need to go to your states department of Motor vehicles and get a new title Printed up that shows no lien.  Photocopy the existing title that has a lean on it if you have it.  You need to post pictures of lien release document on your report.  If your lien is satisfied they have no legal right to repossess your car.  I just got off the phone with drivetime's corporate office with the lady honestly she doesn't like me very much Because I tried to tell her I've seen all the reports on the website and they never post any comments offering their customers any help.

Use this email address that I just got her now I don't know they will do anything but it's worth a try let's put into the test.  Customer.Service@drivetime.com

Put them to the test and post your side of the story.  Ripoff report allows you to post pictures so post pictures of the documents to prove your side of the story. Not put them into the test and email them and let's see what happens also you need to post pictures of the document you have. Many customers of car dealers complain about things that they never do anything to fight the battle. Well I spent some time to try to come to your defense so you do your job post pictures of the documents to prove that you paid the car loan off.

And I'm encouraging you to let everybody know what kind of response you got From drivetime's corporate office

consciousness