Complaint Review: DriveTime

• Updated: Wed, July 30, 2014

• Reported By: ShannonM — RICHMOND Virginia
DriveTime
9301 Midlothian Turnpike RICHMOND, Virginia USA

DriveTime Changed contract under illegal means, and my title is not in my name so it cannot be registered RICHMOND Virginia

I purchased my car in July 0f 2013. I was called about 3 month later stating I needed to complete paperwork. I returned to the dealership. They wanted us to sign a form to invalidate my former contract without telling us why. We persisted, and a manager finally tod us it was because they made a mistake with the pricing of the drivetime warranty package. I was told my monthly payments would not go up. We signed under duress as stated on the form. We were there over 3 hours.

My monthly payment did go up because they sold me the Drivetime warranty package for a lower price than they were supposed too. They lied. A few months ago, I started to get calls regarding my title. When they rewrote my contract, they did not give me ownership of the vehicle.

My car has not been titled in Virginia in almost a year. I have been driving around with plates that are no longer valid. No one told me. I signed over power of attorney so the car could be registered in my name, almost a month ago. my plates are about to expire and I still cannot register it. I have called, emailed and everything. I get promises that it will be resolved but it is not. In short my car is not titled in this state, and I cannot register it due to their deceit and error. I also have handicapped plates and not having them will be a hardship.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2014 06:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DriveTime/RICHMOND-Virginia-23235/DriveTime-Changed-contract-under-illegal-means-and-my-title-is-not-in-my-name-so-it-cann-1166042. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DriveTime