Complaint Review: Dr.William Marchese

• Updated: Wed, October 16, 2013

• Reported By: I love to swim! — Starke Florida
Dr.William Marchese
315 W.Call St. Starke, Florida USA

Dr.William Marchese Bradford Family Dentistry THIS DENTIST CAN'T BE TRUSTED ! Starke Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: The Truth On This Misimformed, Lying Patient

*Consumer Comment: Um......

First Visit: It's a real challenge finding an honest dentist. I believe the right approach is to look at your first appointment as a little q & a session,kind of like a first date with someone. So I scheduled an adult cleaning with Dr.Marchese. It's the usual when you arrive,they give the clip board,you fill out the information...etc.

They call me in and escort me to the dental chair and I'm greeted by the hygenist. She wants to give me a full mouth xray,and a complete exam. I tell her I only want a cleaning. I have yet to decide if I like the quality of patient care,so for me,there's no need to go along with their committment for anything long term. She tells me they must do the xrays and exam,and would I like to speak with the Dr. I said 'yes'.

Dr.William Marchese enters the room and tells me that  'state law'  requires him to perform a full mouth xray before he can treat me. He also says he's a member of the Florida Dental Board. This guy would not shut up,he went on and on,lie he was high on something.

I told him I had a right to refuse xrays,based on the advice of my famiy doctor. He refused to accept me,treat me,so I walked out.

I called the Florida Dental Board in Tallahassee and spoke to the consumer services division. There is no state law mandating xrays for dental care,nor is there any record of  Dr.William Marchese 315 W.Call St. Starke Fl 32091 being a member of the Florida Dental Board.

What's really funny,is he didn't realize who he was lying to.

My profession= I spend most of my day as a field underwriter in the insurance industry. I ask health questions,attest the honesty of individuals applying for life insurance policies.

He lied to the wrong person. Dr.William Marchese should have gathered a little background information on me before he told bold faced lies about state laws concerning dental practice.

He will be investigated by the state. This guy is a liar and a quack. I wonder how many times he's lied to his patients ? Stay awayfrom Bradford Family Dentitry !

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2013 06:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DrWilliam-Marchese/Starke-Florida-32091/DrWilliam-Marchese-Bradford-Family-Dentistry-THIS-DENTIST-CANT-BE-TRUSTED-Starke-Flor-1092261. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dr.William Marchese

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

The Truth On This Misimformed, Lying Patient

AUTHOR: Smiledoc - ()

The truth is that not every posted complaint can be trusted.  This individual came to our practice as a new patient without any records from previous dentists and a demand to have his teeth "cleaned" without the benefit of an intraoral exam or radiographs.

After considerable debate, I even offered to conduct an exam without radiographs if he signed a release, but even that was not acceptable to him.

Iin dental terminology, a "cleaning" is actually a prophylaxis (code D1110).  It is a treatment rendered by a hygienist intended to prevent periodontal disease.  Stain and deposits above the gum line are removed.  An exam is necessary prior to any hygiene procedure, including a “cleaning”, to insure that no bone loss or periodontal disease exists.

If disease is present, it is too late for a prophylaxis because you can't prevent a disease that has already started.  Without an exam, I could not determine what the periodontal status of this patient was or what specific hygiene service was required.  If disease was present and we just "cleaned" his teeth, this would be malpractice.

Because this patient didn't get what he demanded, he behaved like a spoiled child. He aggressively stated that he had a girlfriend who worked at a dental office, and he “knew the game," and he was within his right to demand "just a cleaning."

I told him I was very familiar with the rules of the Board of Dentistry since I have served both as an expert witness and monitor for that body.  I never said I was a member of the Board. I just did work for them.

It is unfortunate that this patient and many dentists are unclear about the standard of care demanded by the Florida Board of Dentistry for an initial visit and exam.  The following quote is direct from the Board of Dentistry on a case I am helping them with presently:

"The prevailing minimum standard of care requires a dentist to perform an adequate comprehensive initial clinical examination of a patient, which includes evaluation for: pathology, condition of the teeth; which should also include findings of decay, periodontal health status with pocket depth probing and charting, the presence and condition of existing restorations, whether there is a need for restorations and any pertinent radiographic findings; and temporomandibular joint disorders."

Our practice always wishes to meet or exceed the standard of care in the best interests of our patients.  It is regrettable that this patient would not accept both our office and state mandated policies. I did not lie, I just would not bend the rules or my standards for him. He has chosen to attempt to ruin my reputation instead, which for him, can have its own consequences.

Um......

AUTHOR: wtfomfg27 - ()

Wtf?  You w0tm8?  "There's no need to go along with their committment for anything long term"  Are you looking for a dentist or a girlfriend?  LMAO!

The man is a doctor, you can take his advice or not.  If you don't like it, go get a 2nd opinion.  Here's an even better idea, if your cardiologist tells you that you need quadruple bypass, go ahead and tell him that you only want a double or triple bypass instead because "you know the game."  Let me know how that works.

What a troll.