Complaint Review: DS Architecture LLC

• Updated: Thu, August 22, 2013

• Reported By: CAD by Ken, Inc — Deltona Florida
DS Architecture LLC
205 Worth Ave Suite 301-B Palm Beach, Florida USA

DS Architecture LLC Camilo Garcia Doesn't pay is contract employees Palm Beach Florida

I was contacted around August 2, 2012 by Camilo Garcia of DS Architecture LLC (on Worth Ave in Palm Beach, Florida) regarding a new job.  He wanted me to provide 3D modeling services for the Miami Science Museum that he was contracted to do.  I asked me to come down to Palm Beach for a week in order to get the job started.  After settling on an hourly rate, I went down there and worked on his job.

Prior to the 1st week ending he decide that everything was going really good and wanted to change my terms to a flat fee which I was comfortable with.  He also asked me to stay an additional week which I agreed to.  He also paid me for the week as previously agreed to.

Towards the conclusion of the 2nd week he asked me to meet him at the bank so I could get paid.  Left work, met him and he handed me 2 checks.  One for 1/2 the agreed amount and another one postdated.  He left quickly without discussing the matter.  I went back packed my computer and hotel room and left.

Later we met and worked out a payment agreement to get the job finished.  Part of the agreement included terms to finish the job and changes to the work.

The job got put on hold and he notified me.  I again asked about getting paid for the changes and was told that I would be getting paid for them.  I had hired someone else to help me out as well so I also owed someone else.

After several months go by I repeated asked about the money and he told me that when the job is finished we would get paid.  He contacted me about another project.  Again, I asked him about the money for the changes and he told me he paid me in full.  After I sent him a spreadsheet showing how he had shorted me of over $3000 he told me "you made pretty good money on this", "You are just fishing for extra money", and "there is no money.  I closed it out last year."

Camilo Garcia told me he had other work but I told him that I would prefer to get paid for work I already performed.

Later on, I contacted the GC for the job.  I was told that Camilo was paid, in full, shortly after the job got put on hold.  Knowing this now, it appears that he never had intended to pay me completely according to what we agreed on.  I also found out that he didn't pay another of the contract employees as well.

So, if you like to work with someone who doesn't keep to agreements, likes to change meeting times/locations, and flat out lies to you may I suggest you hire this man and DS Architecture LLC

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2013 01:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/DS-Architecture-LLC/Palm-Beach-Florida-33480/DS-Architecture-LLC-Camilo-Garcia-Doesnt-pay-is-contract-employees-Palm-Beach-Florida-1078186. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on DS Architecture LLC