Complaint Review: dsl extreme

• Reported By: Matt — Bellflower California United States of America
dsl extreme
Internet, California United States of America

dsl extreme Poor service and forced contracts Internet, California

When I initially ordered DSL extreme they informed me I had no choice but to commit to a 1 year contract and I agreed. After the initial set up my dsl service would break down once or twice a week.

I was constantly on the phone with tech support where they would blame everything but their service. I changed phone lines, hire technicians and contacted my local provider and each time it was determined there was nothing wrong with my line. When I would contact DSL extreme tech support they would have me reset the modem and router, change a few things on their end, and it would start working again. This would happen intermittently at least once a week and DSL extreme tech support had no answers and would make every attempt to place the blame anywhere else but with them.
When I contacted DSL extreme and notified them of their poor service and breach of contract they refused to release me stating that we have a contract and it was not their fault.
I therefore had to discontinue using DSL extreme and went back to my previous provider as my business relies heavily on internet service.
DSL Extreme did not provide me the service as stated and forced me into a contract with their bad service. Therefore they have breached the agreement made where they would provide DSL service and I would pay for them. You may think you are saving money, but once they lock you in, your screwed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2011 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dsl-extreme/Internet-California-90706/dsl-extreme-Poor-service-and-forced-contracts-Internet-California-735127. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dsl extreme