Complaint Review: Duke Energy North Carolina

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: Dee — Troutman North Carolina
Duke Energy North Carolina
Charlotte, North Carolina USA

Duke Energy North Carolina Home time of use program 5 months so far and my bills have been 141.00 higher Charlotte North Carolina

I signed up for this program in November.  I work all day and live alone.  I thought from what the told me I would be able to save money on my energy costs.  However I noticed a big increase from my very first bill.  I took action by turning off everything in my house at the breaker except my refrigerator and freezer when I left for work each day.  Still my bill climbed higher.  I called them in Feb and the told me to give it one more month, and I did.  Still the bill was higher.  When I asked to be taken off the program I was told I was in a contract for a year And would not be allowed out of the program.

before.              After

Dec. 112.71      Dec program    145.02

Jan  144.98.      Jan program.    195.94

Feb. 129.67.       Feb program.   182.64

Mar  115.96.       March.             139.80

In just 4 months this program has cost me 161.00 dollars, and that is for someone is is not home during the day and turns everything off at the breaker except the refrigerator and freezer.  Don't sign up for this program. It's just a way for Duke to gouge more money out if their customers.  They are making enough!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duke-Energy-North-Carolina/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28272/Duke-Energy-North-Carolina-Home-time-of-use-program-5-months-so-far-and-my-bills-have-bee-1133764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duke Energy North Carolina