• Report: #731904

• Reported By: VL — Belton Texas United States of America
Duro Tires
350S. Pioneer Blvd Springboro, Ohio United States of America

Duro Tires Carriage RV Bad Tires Springboro, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Crap replaced is still CRAP!

*Consumer Comment: not a rip off

Duro Tires on Carriage RV's:

In April on 2010 I purchased a new 2010 Cameo RV by Carriage.  The Carriage RV came with (E) rated Duro Tires.  With less than 1,00-miles on the tires I noticed a bubble on one of the tires.  We were on a trip and I had to purchased a tire from a local dealer while traveling.  Returning from our trip, while at a rest stop, I noticed another Duro tire with a bubble. Again I had a purchase a tire while traveling.

After returning I contacted Carriage RV.  I was told they did not warranty tires that I needed to contact Duro.  I contacted Duro and after pictures of the tires and a lot of run around Duro shipped me two new tires.  Now I have two new tires just as bad as the tires Carriage supplied with the RV.

Just this month my Rv was at the Carriage dealer in Kyle, Tx.  When I hooked up to my RV I noticed a third Duro tire with a bubble on the sidewall.  Personnel at Explorer USA in Kyle, Tx helped me get the spare on the RV.  I went to Discount Tire in San Marcos, Tx and had a new set of Michelin XPF RIB Tires put on my RV.  $1,400.00 dollars later I feel safe to travel with my RV.

I feel that Carriage is trying to keep their cost down but in doing so they put their customers safety at risk.  Duro is selling cheep China tires and no one should buy Duro Tires.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/22/2011 08:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Duro-Tires/Springboro-Ohio-45066/Duro-Tires-Carriage-RV-Bad-Tires-Springboro-Ohio-731904. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Duro Tires

Crap replaced is still CRAP!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

DONT put you and your families life at risk by using these CRAPPY tires!

Good job getting the word out!  You may have saved countless lives!

not a rip off

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"Duro shipped me two new tires.  Now I have two new tires just as bad as the tires Carriage supplied with the RV"

The tire manufacturer replaced the first two defective tires. You did not request a replacement for the third one. If you did not use the replacement tires then you have no way of knowing if they were defective too. You chose not to use the free replacement tires therefore this is not a rip off.