Complaint Review: dutygearstore.com

• Submitted: Fri, October 29, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, October 29, 2010

• Reported By: Ken — Surprise Arizona USA
dutygearstore.com

dutygearstore.com Aspire Sales LLC Horrible Customer Service, Bait & Switch, Internet

Facts:

2010-10-03 - Using dutygearstore.com's web site, I placed an order for one Benchmade 5000 Presidio ComboEdge/ BK1 Coated Blade/ Black Handle.

2010-10-04 - Using dutygearstore.com's web site, I canceled the order. I tried calling the store many, many times and never got an answer.

2010-10-05 - I received an email from dutygearstore@gmail.com informing me my credit card was charged and "was expected to ship from the warehouse within the next 24-48 business hours ,unless it is a backordered item. Sometime due to high demand we have back-ordered items and they are then ordered direct from the manufacturer and are shipped direct to you to cut back on time."

2010-10-05 - I replied to that email, reiterating I canceled the order.

2010-10-19 - I received an email from dutygearstore@gmail.com detailing the UPS tracking number and expected delivery date of

2010-10-22. [continued below]....

..... This is much later than the expected 24-48 business hours (2-4 business days) outlined in #3 above. No mention of the item being back-ordered was made.

2010-10-19 - I replied to that email, reiterating I canceled the order.

2010-10-22 - I received a UPS package containing unordered merchandise. The package was shipped from what I assume is dutygearstore.com's warehouse: Aspire Sales LLC 2581 Jupiter Park Dr. Suite F-15 Jupiter FL 33458 This means the item was not a back-ordered item - "backordered items and they are then ordered direct from the manufacturer and are shipped direct to you to cut back on time." The package contained a knife similar to the one I wanted. It has a plain, satin blade instead of the ComboEdge/ BK1 Coated blade.

============================ Summary.

1. I ordered from the website Sunday PM.

2. I called Monday AM to be sure the item was in stock but the phone went unanswered.

3. I searched the internet (wish I would have done this first!) for comments/reviews of dutygearstore.com and found several that were negative.

4. I used the dutygearstore.com website to cancel my order.

5. I was again unsuccessful in contacting them by telephone.

6. The order was slow in being filled and delivered.

7. The order was finally received, even though it was canceled, and WAS THE WRONG MERCHANDISE!!!!!!

In my opinion, this store is very poorly run and I would not recommend them to anybody. Buyer beware!

Oh, by the way, I found the knife considerably cheaper on eBay ($176 vs $193.19). I ordered it and received it in 5 days - almost 2 weeks sooner than the canceled order from dutygearstore.com!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2010 06:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dutygearstorecom/internet/dutygearstorecom-Aspire-Sales-LLC-Horrible-Customer-Service-Bait-Switch-Internet-656485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dutygearstore.com