Complaint Review: dvddonkey.com

• Updated: Mon, January 21, 2008

• Reported By:Hertford Other
dvddonkey.com
dvddonkey.com Nationwide U.S.A.

dvddonkey.com DVD, PAYMENT, NO NOTIFICATION, LATE DELIVERY, DAMAGED GOODS Internet Internet

I found this site whilst looking for a dvd box set. I saw it on this site and as it was the only one I had really seen with exactly what I wanted, I decided to give it a go. After emailing to check that my card and details would be compatable (from UK punds to USAdollers) I placed my order and was told a confimation email would arrive shortly.

I waited...and waited...and waited some more. Nothing came through. The payment went from my card a couple of weeks after placing the order and I began to get anxious.

After a while I got through to the live help team and was re-assured that the dvds were on their way. I enquired as to why I hadn't got an e-mail - they assured me one would be sent straight away.

This did not happen.

I left it for another week...then two just to be on the safe side and eventually, just as I was on the verge of delaring myself officially conned the box set came through but that is not where the story ends oh no...

The corner of the box set was damaged, not just dented I mean cracked so the case has to be opened carefully to prevent further damage and the MAIN thing DVD DONKEY neglet to tell you?

THE DVD'S WILL ONLY WORK ON SELECTED PLAYERS!!!

There is no warning ANYWHERE on the site or box set stating that they only work in selcted regions. Thankfully my laptop seems to be compatable with them as is our old dvd player, but they did not work on a PS2 console, which plays just about anything.

I finally got my confirmation e-mail a few weeks ago and decided to write this report when I realized that it has happened to someone else too and that I share this dissapointment in customer service and honesty.

They may be slightly (but not a lot) cheaper than other retailers but you get what you pay for...

DVD DONKEY IS A CON!!!

C
Hertford
United Kingdom

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2008 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dvddonkeycom/nationwide/dvddonkeycom-DVD-PAYMENT-NO-NOTIFICATION-LATE-DELIVERY-DAMAGED-GOODS-Internet-Interne-302149. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dvddonkey.com