Complaint Review: dvdsentertainmentonline.com

• Updated: Sun, March 09, 2014

• Reported By: swed20000 — Seattle Washington
dvdsentertainmentonline.com
14 Moss Lane Belchertown, Massachusetts USA

dvdsentertainmentonline.com Movie Pirate, copyright infringement, misrepresented merchandise Belchertown Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: DVD Site

Video shoppers beware of this company!  We were browsing an unusual video title and found this website.  The company takes credit cards and PayPal.  PayPal is the ONLY reason I trusted this website with my hard earned money. I browsed some of the titles and was at first very impressed.  However, the design of the website was not put together very well at all which fed my suspicions.

Regardless, I knew PayPal would protect me if I got shafted, so I ordered a video.  It took 3 days for the DVD to ship, so it took over a week in all to receive the item.  When the item came in the mail I opened the manila envelope to find a “plain black” DVD box, with absolutely no title, label or anything on it. [continued below]....

.....  I opened the box to find a DVD that was obviously copied unprofessionally.

The disc itself had an image imprinted on the face, with some text displaying the title and one of the stars of the movie.  I was immediately angered, but inserted the disc into my DVD player to check it out. UGH! The movie menus were of very poor nonprofessional grade; I knew right away that I had been screwed!  I began to try to watch the video, but the quality was so low that I could not make out any of the actors faces.

Funny thing though, on the website it states that they have lots of old out of print titles and all have been re-mastered.   BULL!!!  The picture was horrible to say the least; very pixelated and the sound was worse!  After calming myself I decided to send the company (individual) an email to tell them what I thought of their video and to ask for a refund.  I received a response to my email a short time later and they told me to send it back and I would get a refund.

I went to the trashcan to find the envelope I had received it in only to find it had no return address.  I went onto the company website to find the return address and discovered that they do not list it.  That made me even more suspicious, but I emailed them to see if I could get it.  It occurred to me, that if I return the DVD it will cost me several dollars to ship it back; so I asked if they could send me a return postage label.

I got a reply with their address listed, and a message stating that they do not refund return postage.  Apparently, they were not familiar with PayPal’s customer policy.  It clearly states that if a customer does not get satisfactory service or products, the seller MUST offer return postage of the item AND a full refund.  They also have a policy that sellers cannot sell items that may violate copyright laws; so they may be in for a big surprise soon.

I called PayPal to report the seller and to ask a refund, which was done in full to my satisfaction.  However, as I said the company (individual) made no attempt to refund my return postage.  All through this post I have made reference to the company, followed by “individual” in parenthesis.  I did this because I believe this company is no more than an individual running a crooked company from his own home.

I opened a “Maps” app on my browser and entered the company address.  I was not too surprised to find the business was located in what appeared to be a small farmhouse in rural Massachusetts. I also went so far as to research a few websites to inquire about their net worth and other info.  What I found was a bit shocking to say the least.  One website said the net worth of the company was statistically $240, and average daily sales figures are only $1.

I am not certain how they gather their figures, but for whatever it is worth, there you go.  I have no idea of the quality of the other videos this company sells, so I cannot fully disqualify them.  But judging from my experience I believe they are very suspicious indeed and should be avoided at all costs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/09/2014 06:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/dvdsentertainmentonlinecom/Belchertown-Massachusetts-01007/dvdsentertainmentonlinecom-Movie-Pirate-copyright-infringement-misrepresented-merchan-1129467. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on dvdsentertainmentonline.com

DVD Site

AUTHOR: john welch - ()

I have bought several dvds from this site and I have found them to be good products.  I did have a problem with one of them and got a full refund and yes I did have to pay to return the item back but it was minimal I think $2.00 but I was glad to get the refund.  Also if you check their site they clearly say these are public domain dvds and that is what I received.  Anyways that my two cents.  Thanks