suite

• Submitted: Mon, June 23, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, June 26, 2008

• Reported By:Garland Texas
Dynowatt - Accent Energy
6065 Memorial Drive Dublin, Ohio U.S.A.

Dynowatt - Accent Energy Dynowatt - Accent Energy raised my per KW Hour charge 53.25% in one month with no warning Dublin Ohio

*Author of original report: We dumped Dynowatt

Just like Glenn in Corinth, Texas, Dynowatt raised our rates from approximately 12 cents per kwh to approximately 24 cents per kwh. Dynowatt has literally doubled our rates in the course of 60 days. We have been using the variable rate plan with them for almost two years and have always averaged between 11 to 14 cents per kwh. Then out of nowhere last month it jumped to 17 cents per kwh and then this month on up to 24 cents.

Furthermore, we use very little electricity in general (relatively speaking). Our worst summer months usually top out at around 1050 kwh with most non-summer months using somewhere between 300 to 500 kwh.

Brian
Garland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/23/2008 08:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Dynowatt-Accent-Energy/Dublin-Ohio-43017/Dynowatt-Accent-Energy-Dynowatt-Accent-Energy-raised-my-per-KW-Hour-charge-5325-in-o-343089. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Dynowatt - Accent Energy

We dumped Dynowatt

AUTHOR: Dextrose - (U.S.A.)

For those of you who might stumble across this...we have officially dumped Dynowatt as our provider. I tried calling them several times, but was UNABLE to get through to anybody. (!!!)

The recording said something along the lines of..."we are experiencing an unusually high volume of calls at the moment and are sorry we cannot take your call..." Probably because everybody was calling to find out why their electric bills DOUBLED in the course of a single month.

So, I said screw that. If they're so out of control of the situation that they can't manage to take my call, then my business is DEFINITELY being taken elsewhere.

For those who are interested, we switched to Reliant and used the promo code: MA4332

With that code, we were unable to find a better fixed rate plan with any other provider. I think it worked out to about ~14.2 cents per kWhr.

I suspect Dynowatt will be out of business sooner rather than later.