Complaint Review: e-cigarettes, Miami Beach, FL

• Reported By: Kathryn — Santa Paula California
e-cigarettes, Miami Beach, FL
1521 Alton Rd. #752, Miami Beach, Florida USA

E-Cigarette, Miami Beach, FL Free offer not free Miami Beach Florida

I choose the a starter pack of electronic cigarettes as a reward or free offer from some company with whom I had done business (sorry I can't remember the exact circumstances). I had to pay a modest shipping fee ($4.95), but having a smoking son who would benefit from a smokeless alternative, and knowing that a starter kit can cost $70, it seemed like a deal.

About a month later I got another, smaller, package from them. I just set it aside.

After two more such packages came (I know, I should have been more alert, but lots of other things were happening), I realized something was wrong. I seemed to have subcribed to a monthly refill service (which I certainly did not do).

Sure enough, I checked my credit card statements and found I had been charged, 2 weeks after the initial $4.95 shipping charge, $109.67. And starting two weeks after that, $69.62 every month for three months.

I am disputing the charges with my credit card company as unauthorized.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2014 11:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/e-cigarettes-Miami-Beach-FL/Miami-Beach-Florida-33139/E-Cigarette-Miami-Beach-FL-Free-offer-not-free-Miami-Beach-Florida-1116026. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on e-cigarettes, Miami Beach, FL