• Report: #1020556

• Updated: Tue, February 26, 2013

• Reported By: SJ_Phil — San Jose California United States of America
e-cigs
www.ecigsbrand.com Internet United States of America

e-cigs e-cigarette cartridge subscription scam Internet

I went for an introductory kit advertised on the Internet for $7.95...no problems.  It turned out that I ordered this device from some joker in north Africa, that is one of the company's "referral" agents and the device company was actually located in the UK.  The product ships from China (PRC).

Mauritania, UK, China connections...Talk about an inability to hold anyone to any laws!

Then, as I got email confirmation, I noticed that I had somehow authorized them to send me new cartridges every 15-days.  That "fine print" did not exist BEFORE I placed the order.  Besides that [process] scheme being illegal in the US, they never said how much that subscription would cost!

Later, I found out it was $80...twice every month!  That price is over 8-times the going rate for replacement cartridges...at local retail stores!!!  Read their "referral" program terms and you can quickly figure out it's a ponzi-scheme.

To bad because the product is good.  It's just that this supplier is a bad actor.

I wasn't going to allow the a-holes any chance to dip into my bank account.  I immediately contacted my bank and I ordered a replacement credit card.  I received my replacement card within 5-days at which time I cancelled my old credit card these a-holes had on file.  As a result, they have no mechanism to actually charge me.  Ripped-off customers should cancel their credit cards ASAP!

Crisis adverted!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2013 01:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/e-cigs/internet/e-cigs-e-cigarette-cartridge-subscription-scam-Internet-1020556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on e-cigs